“Exactly what we wanted.”
Review of Shanghai Garden

Shanghai Garden
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We arrived as a group of seven for dinner with no reservation. They opened a room for us and had us seated in well under five minutes. Our orders were taken right off and our food came out within minutes, hot, fresh and tasty. It's not the fanciest place but it doesn't need to be, it's got good, reliable service and solid, dependably well made food.

1  Thank Arismas

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We order out from Shanghai Gardens from time to time. It doesn't take long to get your order and is an easy place to get to. We have no complaints about our orders. I do like their soups. We have tried lots of different foods over many years and have been pleased. In fact, just the other day we ordered a Pu Pu Platter and a vegetarian meal.

I rated Shanghai Gardens as average because it is what I expected, fresh and good quality. The prices are reasonable.

2  Thank yellowbirdVermont
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I have made this our regular place for Chinese. The food is better than some more expensive sit down restaurants that we've tried. My whole office comes in for the lunch special on a Wednesday - some of them have been coming here for over 10 years!

Very friendly people too.

1  Thank Translatlantic_Girl
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

I ordered take-out twice a recent extended stay in town. Excellent value. Good preparation and spice. There was a wonderful little girl - daughter of the owner - doing her homework in a back booth who was charming and polite. Given the option of dining in or taking it back to the hotel, it was more comfortable to do the latter.

2  Thank Bbarre
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The dishes at this restaurant tend to be a litle overcooked and a little greasy. That's what makes it average.