“Perfect venue for an intimate wedding!”
Review of Hartness House

Hartness House
Ranked #1 of 2 Springfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My girlfriend and I got married at the hartness house inn last weekend and we had an amazing time. The service was phenomenal, they were always there when you needed something day and night and the food was delicious! They treated us like queens and we felt at home all weekend. Our famiies and friends also stayed with us over the weekend and nobody had any complaints. We all just loved it! We will definitely be going back there to celebrate our anniversary!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hartness House

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I spent $125 for one night in one of their "commercial rooms". The corridor out side my room smelled strongly of cat urine. The room itself was pretty shabby with wallpaper that was missing the top layer (the print) in places. The bathroom had cracked shower tiles. The toilet seat was old and pitted. The wallpaper in the bathroom looked as if it was hung by someone who had never wallpapered before. When I arrived late afternoon, I asked if I could pay cash up front as I was planning on leaving by 6 a.m. the next day. The clerk rolled her eyes and told me no. The soda machine was not operating. When we went to the desk clerk and asked about it, she rolled her eyes and said she would get us a soda. In the hall outside our room, there was a curtain hanging in the corner from a tension rod. The ceiling and walls had extensive water damage. The place was pretty shabby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The Hartness House works hard to be a classic old fashioned hotel and restaurant. Beautifully appointed rooms with obvious flaws; cracked glass, peeling paint, mold in the tub/shower area in the room we stayed in. No elevator to the second floor would be a problem for some. Our server at dinner knew next to nothing about the meals offered; salmon free range or farmed, beer/pork local or shipped from out of state, vegetables local or shipped in. The speal at check in went on forever. We listened to the couple in front of us get it and then the desk clerk repeated it all for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank grumpyoldman49
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My son was married 10/1/11 and the reception was at the Hartness House. We had to rent 11 rooms in the main house which worked out well, parents, grandparents and the wedding party stayed there. Everything from dinner to dancing in the library was wonderful. Alla was very helpful and was available whenever I had a question. A very quaint place. We will have many happy memories.

Room Tip: My husband and I had the Charles Lindberg room, an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa504
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We attended a function at the Hartness House Inn over the weekend. While the rooms in the Main House looked lovely, our room was in one of the wings at the back of the property. Worst room I have ever stayed in. The curtains and rugs were dirty and dated and the room was dinghy. Fiberglass insulation was sticking out of the air conditioner. The beds had no support -- when you laid down, you sunk down in the middle of the mattress and your feet were at a 45 degree angle. The TV was small and over 15 years old. Cleanliness is not a priority either. We had a large cobweb on the ceiling in our bathroom. There was a dinner roll in the hallway when we checked in and it was still there when we left two days later. My last complaint would be about the rate. We were quoted a rate of $119 per night. What they did not tell us until we checked in was that children were an extra $15 per child per night (an extra $30/night for us) and there was a 6% service fee (for what I do not know). Add on the state taxes, and this room cost us $175 per night. This room was barely worth $75 per night.

If you book here, get a room in the Main House. Otherwise you will be greatly disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sriv726
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This was our first trip to Vermont. We found this wonderful place on the internet while looking for a place to elope. The Hartness House Inn was more then we could have ever hoped for. They gave us the most wonderful and worry free experience for our wedding. The inn keepers (Alex and Ala) and the front desk lady(hate that i have forgotten her name) were absolutely wonderful to work and visit with. We say everyday how we wish we could go back there.
The Hartness House offered everything we needed in an all inclusive elopement package. We simply said what color flowers and cake we wanted and the rest was handled. We couldnt have planned our BIG DAY any better. We were even able to choose where we wanted our ceremony once we arrived. The garden out side is beautiful and the perfect spot for a wedding. We will go back and visit again and we would recommend the Hartness House Inn Bed and Breakfast to everyone we know.
M & T

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our room was great, me and my wife loved every second of our trip.
We have stayed in many hotels and taken several trips together and this on is definitely in our top ten best trips of all time.
The atmosphere was the best, the service there was friendly and everyone carried a smile on their face. It wasnt noisy and the food a the restaraunt was delicious. The landscaping when you pull up to the building is gorgeous in itself. We were catered to from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. It was close to so many things we never had to travel far from anything and its so close to route 91 too. I would recommend this to anyone and we are so happy we chose Hartness House and are looking forward to coming back again next time we are in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Inn Victoria
Inn Victoria
#1 of 9 in Chester
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort

Been to Hartness House? Share your experiences!