“I kid you, not.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“I kid you, not.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Being a world traveler and residing mostly in the Washington, DC area, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to steakhouses and top notch restaurants. This place is both!

Ordered the Filet Mignon and Broiled Scallops served, the flavor sealed in, on a 720 degree cooking stone. Slicing the filet piece by piece and cooking each to my own sense of perfection was an undeniable and unique pleasure, and those with me, who utilized the traditional approach to preparation were equally pleased.

I will be back and anyone skiing in Okemo, trust me, the extra few miles will definitely be worth it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jayskier

Ludlow, Vermont
“Really just shy of a Vermont 5 star”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This place provides a fun and delicious meal. You can not leave hungry. They have American fare with awesome steaks cooked traditionally in the kitchen or that you can cook yourself on your personal 800 degree black rock at your table. Every bite of steak is warm this way. They also have great seafood - fresh twice weekly from Boston. They have the best salad bar in the area that includes soup. Beer and wine selections are good. My main criticism is the noise. There are hi ceilings and flagstone floors so acoustics are challenging on a busy nite- which most are. Staff is friendly and efficient. And we have never had dessert there- no need!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Happy to have stopped”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

When traveling "out east" for business, we arrived into town very late, due to some flight delays. We were pleased to find this gem to still be open past 8pm. The food was amazing and the prices were very reasonable. I would return if ever in the area again!

1 Thank RckStarr
Danbury, Connecticut
“Incredible”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

It's no wonder the Black Rock is always packed. If your in the area, make a reservation so you don't miss out on a fantastic dinner. We all had our dinners "on a rock." Every morsel was cooked perfectly. The best salad bar I've ever seen. And the service was outstanding. They over heard one of my friend's toasting my birthday, and came out with a birthday cake after the meal was over. Everyone argued about "who told them," and then we figured out no one did. This was all on their own initiative. A great birthday dinner. We're ready to make a trip back to VT just to have dinner.

Visited April 2014
Springfield, Vermont
“Love cooking on the rock”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Is awesome place to eat great food good prices my wife and I love eatting here ever get your steak still mooing? Just order on the rock and cook too your degree of donenes

• Visited May 2013