“McDonald's is better”

Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McDonald's is better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Canned corn in the middle of fresh veggie season! Not only canned but the worst tasting canned I've ever had. Tasteless mashed potatoes. The gravy to go with it tasted like something that came off the ground. Their fried scollops were the only decent thing about the meal. Service was horrid. While the waitress was very kind, she was also very slow ( it wasn't busy) It took 15 minutes after all our dishes were cleared to even get our check! As much as I dislike McDonald's, if its a choice between the 2, it'll be a Big Mac for me.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank vt_chicky

SAVANNAH
“Service was very good..but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

...this restaurant boasts "home cooked" foods in a friendly atmosphere...Service was very good...our server was very attentive...but...our Breakfast was just so-so....I know food and even a Breakfast can be good or bad...the eggs were tasteless and you definitely had to add salt and/or pepper or some other kind of sauce to give them a 'kick'...bacon tasted like sow bacon..just had an "off" taste...I asked for crispy bacon and it was not done..(NO..I don't want my food burned..just cooked so the bacon doesn't 'wiggle' when you pick it up!!!)..breakfast potatoes were plain and tasteless, too :-(

I judge a restaurant for breakfast by the scent and taste of the coffee they serve...their coffee was poor to fair...tasted strong and took way too much 'additives' to make it taste better !!!

All in all I would not recommend this restaurant and was really disappointed with our Breakfast on this (first and last visit for me) and last visit for my family members who reside in the area!!!

Visited May 2013