“Wonderful family camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Starksboro
Common Ground Center
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My daughter and I have attended Chinese Culture camp at Common Ground Center for 4 years. Even though we're only there for a few days each year, it always feels like coming home. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The fresh, mostly locally grown and vegetarian food is delicious and plentiful. My daughter loves swimming in the pond and I love the peaceful setting and beautiful landscape. The common bath house is clean and convenient. The cabins are rustic, but we're used to tent camping, so it's a step up for us! We were very disappointed to miss camp this year due to a business trip I had to take, but are looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I wasn't there for the standard experience, but instead was a guest at a weekend wedding. We stayed in "twin south", a two-person cabin. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and just the right amount of space for two. I'm not much for "camping" and I was totally great with all of the accommodations. We were able to check out the swimming pond (did not swim, but looked really clean); played tennis; made s'mores at a bonfire each night; and also venture into Bristol for coffee. The bathhouse was clean and perfect for showering, teeth brushing, etc. A unique, beautifully nestled property in the rolling green hills of Vermont. I probably will never have any reason to go back, but have all positive things to say about my experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsMcG726
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This camp is situated in the heart of Vermont, and as such, has myriad Vermonty outdoor activities. Kids are separated from adults for the beginning of the day and kids do kid-like activities and parents can optionally do adulty things like non-verbal communication, glass bead blowing, guitar lessons, improv comedy, nature walks, yoga, etc. The rest of the day is for all-family fun including swimming in the pond, games in the field, tennis, basketball, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ac00perw
Reviewed 3 September 2010

It's not a hotel. It's a camp where you sleep in cabins or tents. The facilities are good. The location is beautiful. The staff, campers and programs are fantastic!

Reviewed 1 September 2010

This is not really a hotel, but rather a rustic resort, where one can explore many arts and crafts, yoga, music, the great outdoors, and the various surrounding towns. Burliogton is about a 40-minute drive away, perfect for an afternoon trip with friends. The accomodations are quaint, but entirely appropriate for the setting of the camp. The food is excellent; enough said. I would recommend Camp Common Ground to anyone who would enjoy spending a week, or even a few weeks, in the greenery of northern Vermont with family and friends

Reviewed 31 August 2010

No frills family vacation. Lots of activities for the whole family. No pool, but beautiful , clean lake to swim in. Its family camping - with a twist. You can pitch a tent or rent one of their rustic ( no Electricity, ) cabins. There is a Morning camp for the kids ( 4-13Y yo) While adults can spent the morning reading a book, relaxing or participate in a number of " camp" activities. Arts projects, hiking, tennis, dance.. They feature all natural and tasty food.
My family ( 3 generations ) and I have been coming for 5 years. There is some thing for everyone.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

My family and I have been going to Camp Common Ground Family Summer Camp for the past 4 years. Sister, mother and sister in law, nephew have also joined a few times. My 6 year old is in heaven. He plays all day long in a safe, friendly, clean and fun environment. There is Kidville in the mornings, where they have activities, games and outings for his age group. As we leave each year, he always says he wants to live there.
I sometimes choose to participate in many of the adult workshops they offer: non-violent communication, glass beading, dance, yoga, theater improv, music, hikes... and sometimes i choose to do nothing, to simply relax, delight in the fresh healthy delicious meals and enjoy myself in the hammock gazing stars or appreciating the gorgeous and peaceful scenery of Vermont. There is a nice pond for a quick swim and Bristol Falls near by is always fun and refreshing. Staff and families who attend are incredibly open minded, laid back and easy going. And there is plenty of room for being alone and quiet too and enjoy nature at its best. It feels like family, good family! I simply love being there. It is a magical place where you can just be and there is enough. We just came back a couple of weeks ago and I already look forward to being there again next year. See you!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Been to Common Ground Center? Share your experiences!