“Camp Common Ground, Uncommonly Good”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Starksboro
Common Ground Center
Brooklyn, New York
“Camp Common Ground, Uncommonly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I've spent two summers in a row at Camp Common Ground located in lovely, rural Vermont, and can understand why most families keep wanting to go back. It's a unique place where kids spend the mornings in Kidsville doing various age appropriate activities and their parents are free to explore dance, yoga, archery, glass bead making, hikes, tennis, and a slew of other things. When the bell rings at noon families reunite for lunch and can then spend the rest of the day together swimming at the pond, in an afternoon arts and crafts activity, making music, or just hanging out. The food is vegetarian, locally grown, and delicious. The spirit is one of tolerance, generosity, fun, and friendliness. Staff is professional and other campers, kids and adults alike, are great. Last year I went with my mom and she really enjoyed it so it's great even for grandparents.

Room Tip: The Ecolodge is the best quarters, though the most expensive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank drabiner

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I''ve taken my daughter here several years, and it's always been a wonderful positive experience. Attending their Camp Common Ground signature weeks was an exposure to art forms neither I nor my experienced artistic daughter had tried, like making sun print clothing and silk painting, for just a start. The lovely natural setting, delicious healthy foods, kindhearted people, room for time both with and without my daughter, the inclusiveness, the sheer fun, the right amount of structure, the yoga and dancing and talent show finale - - all led to an awesome week each time that was over all too soon. The wonderfully individualized hand-hewn cabins and the camping experiences were both superb. It was particularly nice as a single parent to feel that my daughter could be so safe, even when I wasn't right with her. They were also very responsive to food allergies we had, unlike many places. Not a single complaint!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

This summer I took my 2 sons and spent a week at Camp Common Ground. I had never been there before and didn't know anyone who had been, so it was a bit of a leap of faith for us. But boy, did that the leap pay off! We met so many amazing people and felt right at home from the very first day. For me, it was the most relaxing week I ever spent together with my kids; they had so many fun things to do all day so I didn't have to think of things to do or ways to entertain them. And I got to do all sorts of fun things too; from archery, collages, crafts, games, and plenty of time to relax on a hammock under a tree, reading my summer book!! The vegetarian food was amazing and the grounds were spectacular! We are definitely going back next year!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

My daughter and I have attended Chinese Culture camp at Common Ground Center for 4 years. Even though we're only there for a few days each year, it always feels like coming home. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The fresh, mostly locally grown and vegetarian food is delicious and plentiful. My daughter loves swimming in the pond and I love the peaceful setting and beautiful landscape. The common bath house is clean and convenient. The cabins are rustic, but we're used to tent camping, so it's a step up for us! We were very disappointed to miss camp this year due to a business trip I had to take, but are looking forward to next year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I wasn't there for the standard experience, but instead was a guest at a weekend wedding. We stayed in "twin south", a two-person cabin. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and just the right amount of space for two. I'm not much for "camping" and I was totally great with all of the accommodations. We were able to check out the swimming pond (did not swim, but looked really clean); played tennis; made s'mores at a bonfire each night; and also venture into Bristol for coffee. The bathhouse was clean and perfect for showering, teeth brushing, etc. A unique, beautifully nestled property in the rolling green hills of Vermont. I probably will never have any reason to go back, but have all positive things to say about my experience.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMcG726
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

This camp is situated in the heart of Vermont, and as such, has myriad Vermonty outdoor activities. Kids are separated from adults for the beginning of the day and kids do kid-like activities and parents can optionally do adulty things like non-verbal communication, glass bead blowing, guitar lessons, improv comedy, nature walks, yoga, etc. The rest of the day is for all-family fun including swimming in the pond, games in the field, tennis, basketball, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ac00perw
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

It's not a hotel. It's a camp where you sleep in cabins or tents. The facilities are good. The location is beautiful. The staff, campers and programs are fantastic!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Been to Common Ground Center? Share your experiences!