My family stayed at the resort on Christmas eve and we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. The rooms were fairly large (2 queen beds) with a small refrigerator and coffee pot. The grounds were dusted with snow, enough for me to hike on the walking trails with snow shoes while the females went to the spa for a massage. The spa facility has a few pieces of exercise equipment, a pretty large hot tub, and a beautiful indoor pool which was great after my trek. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and offered a selection of free DVDs to watch in your room (the charge to rent a DVD player was $5.50, so use your laptop). The only internet service is free wi-fi in the lobby. The resort is in a great location - near the movie theater, restaurants and a short drive to Stowe mountain. All in all, highly recommended for a few nights in Stow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Shuttle service to downtown and ski area. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe