“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We arrived very early but were shown straight into our room, having been made very welcome. The Hotel was lovely and the room was clean and quiet, with a lovely view of pond. The reception staff gave us some good ideas regarding places to visit. We had a lovely time and would happily go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HAEJJAP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Lawrence
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The Golden Eagle Resort was a great place to stay and I can't wait to stay again. The people were very pleasant and beyond helpful. I loved it. Very clean and very well kept!! It's also very quiet and relaxing. A great place to get away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carmen C
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed there with four other couples. Resort has a breakfast option and the food at the Colonial Cafe (their restaurant) was very good. Staff at the restaurant recognized our group from the first day. Rooms were very comfortable. Several other restaurants, the town, churches, and public walking trails are very close and easy to walk to. Resort has a fitness center with a good variety of equipment and services. Very nice and very relaxing.

Room Tip: rooms have a variety of amenities (fireplace, microwave, refrig, etc.) and on different floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank FlyerInMinn
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed 2 nts last week---really off season!! John at check-in was great with all the latest news and goings on with the restaurant scene. great recomendation with O'Grady's. Room was good size with a king bed, round table and 2 chairs. Tough to find an outlet for the laptop---Why? We were unable to shut off the towel rack which was throwing so much heat, we had to open a window in the bathroom---in November. Asked the cleaning lady about it, and she said there is no control for it. Grounds are very nice. The indoor pool and hot tub is another story. Needs to be refurbished now! Overall it was ok for our purposes, but would be so much better with more attention to the constant maintenance that every property needs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LKV50F
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We decided to catch the beautiful foliage this year and what Better place then Stowe . We looked for a while for a good standard place with reasonable pricing in this peak season time. We were very happy with our choice of the golden eagle. The rooms were spacious - plenty of room with the pack n play , a door leading to the beautiful back yard woods and a tasty breakfast included. The location is wonderful and is right on the recreational trail leading to town and other nature attractions . we also enjoyed the pingpong table at the game room.Will look forward to coming back here for ski season.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MeitalF
CHESTER UK
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed for one night during our road trip around New England - huge room which was spotless - very comfortable- As it was snowing when we arrived the log fire in reception was very inviting & the complientary cookies & coffee a nice touch. Cookies very tasty.

Lovely walks around the resort. Breakfast in the restaurant very good & staff very friendly.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JANWED
Orillia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I've been to Stowe many, many times but had never stayed at the Golden Eagle. A friend recommended that I try it. I was there for 5 nights. I found it warm and cozy, very clean with wonderful, friendly, helpful staff. I had the breakfast plan and each morning I looked forward to the great meal to start me on the day. I found I didn't need my car to get me into the village as it was only a 12 minute walk away. The staff at the desk was very helpful in suggesting restaurants to try as I hadn't been here in Stowe for a few years. My room was wonderful, the cleaning staff were great. My son and his wife came up to stay from Boston and they had a lovely room also. The pool and hot tub were clean and well-cared for. The grounds were lovely to walk around and the property has walking trails behind the buildings.I used to come to Stowe to ski in the Winter and hike in the Summer. This is the first time I've ever been here in the Fall and I will definately return to the Golden Eagle next Fall if not before!

Room Tip: I was in the Upper Alpine Wing looking out unto the woods and trout pond and my son was in the main...
Stayed October 2012, travelled with family