This place has been around for quite awhile, and I'm not sure what some of the people writing reviews here expected. Our room was clean, quiet, large enough for a family of five. The furniture and decor was a little dated, but the bathroom had been recently renovated. The roll away cot was a basic camp bed, not comfortable for the kid who had to use it. An adult could not use it at all. We had breakfast each morning as part of our package deal. It was very filling and quite good. Not gourmet - just your typical breakfast. Lots of choices, including those for the health conscious. The restaurant is called The Colonial, and parts of it earn that name - particularly the room to the right and down the stairs from the entrance. But, if you decide that's just kitsch, it's perfect.
The grounds are lovely and the hiking paths very well kept. I was particularly impressed with this. The view toward the mountains..wow! Our room opened out to a small patio and faced a beautiful little pond. The indoor pool was quite nice, although the hot tub looked a little more scuzzy than I would have liked. (That's a problem with most public hot tubs.) The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed two nights. I wish it would have been more as we didn't get to explore the area as much as we would have liked.
No, The Golden Eagle is not brand new, trendy, gourmet. It's comfortable and family friendly, and I'd much rather stay at a place like this than put up with the people who complain about everything not being just so. I found it very relaxing and would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe