“Pricey but Still Good”
Review of Topnotch Resort

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The tennis coaching at Topnotch was very good although very expensive at the same time. The same applies to the hotel as the spa area was superb and the room nice however the price was far from good value. The restaurant had a fairly limited menu but the food was of a good quality. Overall a good hotel but we had hoped for a bit more for the price.

Room Tip: The rooms aren't that large but seem to be quiet - although the villas could be very different.
2  Thank Stantf
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Dear Stantf,

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor for Topnotch Resort. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our Tennis program and Spa. They are vital operations throughout the year, and we work hard to make them the best experiences for our guests. I am also happy to hear that while you feel our menu could be expanded, you enjoyed the food quality.

Value for price seems to be an area that we can definitely work on, so that you feel that you have more value upon your next visit.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We (family of 4) stayed 6 nights in an overlook villa in July. They call it an overlook villa and from upstairs you have a view but from the living area where you spend most of the time there was no view att all. Also the villas are not so ideal for just one family as the walls are paper thin so when your neighbours are having a party then you might as join in as you won´t get any sleep. Curfew time doesn´t seem to be an issue and no information about this is communicated upon check-in. The facilities are great and so are the restaurants.
Stowe is expensive and at 1000 usd/night then you expect something special. Well we didn´t get it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pdh073

Dear pdh073,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding Topnotch Resort on Tripadvisor. I am thankful for the feedback, and have looked into your comments regarding the Resort Homes and that there are a few that might not have the views as others do. We are working diligently with our marketing team to ensure that all of the homes have appropriate descriptions, and I am sorry that you did not have the view that you had anticipated.

I have also shared with our team in regards to communicating with all of our guests as to what time is not appropriate to engage in party situations. We are making that a big concentration and I apologize if your neighbours were up late.

If I may be of service to you in the future, please call me, as I would like to talk with you in person if possible.

Again, thank you for the comments, as it is always a learning experience for our colleagues to enhance our guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Loved the resort, restaurants, hiking trails, biking trails and surrounding local places to eat. The staff was great and our room was clean, current and comfy. We will defiantly return, it's great for couples and families who want a nice getaway!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelmamaSB
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It seems like you had a very active stay with us at Topnotch! I am happy that we met your expectations and will share your feedback with our colleagues. We hope to see you back in the future, and if I may be of service to you, please let me know.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My mom, my sisters, and I spent the day at the Top Notch Spa yesterday and had a wonderful time. We spent the morning getting massages and then the rest of the day at the pool. The restaurant offers poolside service so we had our lunches and cocktails brought right to us. Our waiter Mike was fabulous and took great care of us, and he had an awesome sense of humor. We also became fast friends with the bartender Mary, who by the way made a killer Bloody Mary ;) Oh, and the massages were great too. I slept so well last night and I think it was due to being soooo very relaxed from our amazing day at the Top Notch.

1  Thank Shana A

Dear Shana A,

Thank you so much for your review of Topnotch Resort! I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our Spa with your family! It sounds like you had a very relaxing time, and enjoyed yourselves at the pool. I will let Mike and Mary know that you had great feedback for them, and am glad that you enjoyed all of the services. I hope to welcome you and your family back soon! Please let me know if you plan to visit in the future. We'll be sure to take great care of you!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you're looking for a way to spend a beautiful Summer Sunday in Vermont, head to the Topnotch Resort in Stowe and rent a cabana poolside! Coming from Burlington, a few friends and I decided to take a short road trip to hang by a pool, enjoy some cocktails and lunch and the day exceeded our expectations. We were welcomed by their incredible staff, Emilie from Flannel and Andrew, the Bar and Food Manager. The cabana includes fresh lemon water, a pitcher of Sangria, Ice cream sandwiches, Evian Mist and an unbeatable view. The white sangria was delicious and our server at the pool, Joe, ensured our glasses were never empty. We asked Andrew to bring out a few lunch starters that he recommended. He brought out tiger shrimp rolls, Spring rolls, Mussels and a delicious white wine to pair. We also tried the Chicken and Waffles, BBQ Flatbread and Fish Tacos and our crew ate every last bite. The food was incredible, the drinks were refreshing, the pool and view were beautiful and the staff was the best part. We are already talking about going back next weekend for their Friday night Pool Party!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly C

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for such positive feedback from your recent visit with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Cabana and the offerings that we give with the rentals. It can be very relaxing in the Cabanas, and we've received many positive comments. It also sounds as if you had quite a food sampling as well! We have a very talented Chef, Cortney Quinn, and as you know, our staff works very hard to please. I will pass along your comments to Emilie, Andrew and Joe, and appreciate that you recognized their service. We hope to have you back to the resort soon, and please let me know if I may be of assistance to you in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Located near Mount Mansfield this attractively designed hotel is a very good choice. The room we stayed in was very spacious, a nice comfortable bed, all amenities incl coffee machine, with French shutter windows and a nice double seat armchair, lovely done. The bathroom is rather small especially for such a spacious sleeping room. One thing is less attractive in the room: the noisy airco. We had a connecting door to the room of our daughters, which made it even more fun. The informal restaurant and bar in the lobby is very tastefully designed providing a small menu, with a bar different seating (high table, small corner table, big screems showing sports programs). Well done. The hotel consists of separate buildings for the breakfast restaurant and facilities. The lofty swimming pool is beautifully located providing a great view on the surroundings. In short a very pleasant stay, regretfully it was only for one day.

1  Thank TravelGeeks2009
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Travelgeeks2009,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I truly appreciate your comments and am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, albeit a short one. I have shared your comments with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Topnotch in the future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance to you.
802-253-8585

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Everything about this resort is exactly that TOPNOTCH -- You can feel the positive energy as soon as you walk in. Amazing staff -- Everyone from front desk to bell hop wanted nothing more than to make my stay, effortless, seamless, and totally relaxing. Spa is excellent from the menu of services offered to the staff that delivers them. This is a pet friendly hotel and they do a fab job keeping rooms, hallways, and grounds clean
….Highly recommend this little gem in the mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a mountain view, and because its "pet friendly" stay above 1st floor mos...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Annamarie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Topnotch Resort! I was thrilled to see you write about the "positive energy", in the hotel. We are all so happy with the renovation and the new additions to the resort. Cleanliness is certainly a large focus in the resort, and we take pride in keeping it pristine. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Spa. It certainly is a special place and the staff are so dedicated and are known for their fantastic services.

When traveling back to the Stowe area from Connecticut, I hope you stay with us at Topnotch Resort again! We would love to welcome you back!