Topnotch Resort
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotels.com
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$100
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$90
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$275
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$136
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$121
US$115
Travelocity
1,001 results
All reviewsflannel restaurantvisited topnotchsauna and steam roomtennis programspa servicesfitness classesindoor poolshuttle servicefire pitthird floortennis courtsviews of the mountainscalled the front deskmt mansfieldnew englandbeautiful propertyfall foliage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2010

It was a hot July day when we arrived and the air conditioner was inadequate. We had difficulty cooling our room down. While the spa/gym are very nice, the rooms seem a bit dated (small bathrooms) and not up to the same caliber of newer luxury resorts. However, the resorts restaurant was excellent and the general service of the staff was outstanding..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I read the reviews on the site before coming to Topnotch. I have to say that I was a bit concerned. We had won a silent auction on the tickets and I wondered if I had made a good spontaneous choice when the purchase was made. As we pulled into the resort, I expected more, perhaps the less than stellar reviews were lingering in the back of my mind. When we walked into the room, I thought it was tasteful but small and it is. When we finally used the bathroom and I saw that the hand towels has been used, I nearly blew a gasket. Instead, I called the front desk and they were prompt about swapping them out, and now I am glad that I kept my cool.Later on, on a walk to the pool, my opinions completely changed to "Wow, what a beautiful place." The rest of the tour of the spa and the restaurant solidified my impression and I was immediately grateful that we scored such a deal at the auction. However, would I pay $400 a night to stay here? No. Definitely not. There was another just as nice resort down the street advertising rates at $200 a night with a $50 credit, I'll be sure to stay posted for deals before planning, but all in all, when there is a deal...We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We absolutely loved this hotel and resort. Unfortunately, we were only passing through the area and stayed only a single night. We promised ourselves that we'd come back here for a longer stay!

The location of the resort is great - midway down a mountain road with a great view of the green mountains of Vermont. The room that we got was very nice, with a modern, yet classic decor.

Much can be said about the staff of the hotel... great service and attention to detail. We even got a little spoiled after having mentioned during booking that this was our honeymoon trip (I simply asked for a room with a view if possible). We ended up with a room overlooking the resort and mountainside along with a bottle of bubbly and some chocolate truffles. All this on a discount booking! I was more than impressed and that's what I call going above and beyond!

A few things to mention... we enjoyed the on-site restaurant only for breakfast, but it was very good as well. We didn't get any spa treatment, but we enjoyed the interior pool and hottub, the latter of which has a waterfall (although, it can be a little noisy).

All in all, a great hotel and resort.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Experience a warm welcome as you arrive. We were greeted even before we entered the resort. after a 3 1/2 hour drive we were pleased to be treated so kindly .
Our standard room was perfect . Decor was European style and bedding was of high standards. very comfy.
Topnotch offers many stunning areas with in the resort to relax and have drinks. Decor is a perfect blend of luxury while offering comfort and style.
Top notch has high standards. .you will not be disappointed.
I did not have a spa service but many of my friends told me the level of spa treatments was excellent.
Expect a stunning resort offering personal service and many comforting amenities. My husband and I plan to return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank traveler500
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We arrived on a Friday, and reluctantly left on a Monday wishing we could stay much longer! The staff were all amazing, flexible, helpful, accurate and fun. The accommodations were great, and the suite we stayed in had a Murphy Bed....which was very comfortable.
We had several meals at the resort and engaged their catering services for a large gathering as well. The catering estimate was very accurate, which was very because we were on a very tight budget. The wedding went beautifully. The tent was picture perfect. The outdoor ceremony was attended by over a hundred people, and observed by several horses in an adjacent pasture. We think Topnotch must have a weather machine....the rain stayed for about 10 minutes, and left just in time for the ceremony and did not return. The sunset was spectacular.
Food service staff were professional and flexible. Front desk staff were amazing, fun and memorable. Event planning staff were impeccable and caring. Restaurant staff were helpful and elegant. Spa/fitness staff were excellent - with yoga, stretching & Qi Gung instructors competent and caring.
We have stayed at Topnotch many times in the past, and we will continue to go there for getaways and gatherings. In the past we have brought our dog along and he was always greeted nicely and we felt like he was welcome.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family