“Weekend Getaway”

Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center
Ranked #7 of 63 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center the question isn’t what to do. The question is, where do you start? From sunrise to sunset, and in every season, there is an invigorating adventure or relaxing activity waiting for you at every turn. The Trapp Family Lodge is a 2,500 acre mecca for the outdoor and nature enthusiast. In the Winter there is cross country skiing, back country skiing and snowshoeing. In the Summer there is mountain biking, disc golf, hiking,Nordic walking and even concerts in our meadow. The lists go on and on for people of all ages!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Like walking, so the trails they had were nice, with the scenery. Checked out their gift shop where they had pictures of the family.

1  Thank Mary S

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Snow conditions were good for April and the folks in the ski shop were fabulous. I had an unfortunate fall and literally broke my ski boot, so Cate helped me select new boots and skis which I truly needed. She was great.

2  Thank Norma Y
Reviewed 26 March 2014

After winding through the trails with our snow shoes, it was wonderful to enter a warm, friendly building to rest at.

1  Thank Sophia P
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Under the tuition of the very capable and friendly Laura we both had a 1 hour intro to cross country skiing on a beautiful sunny day with well groomed tracks.

We are both novice downhill skiers and really enjoyed this slower paced day on the snow.

We are staying at the Trapp Family Lodge so passes are included but the 1 hour lesson was a very reasonable $25 per person + another $25 per person for ski, pole and boot rental.

All of the staff are very hospitable and real advocates of the sport.

1  Thank donutbrains
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We hadn't been cross country skiing for over 30 years. My wife and I took a lesson for the first time. My son had never cross country skied before and he really enjoyed it. The trails were extensive and immaculately groomed even immediately after the big snow storm during the week. The Cabin in the woods had really good hot apple cider and soup. We were able to purchase used equipment for only $109 (complete!) so we were very pleased.

1  Thank Kiteguy