I just returned from a group trip to Stowe for the winter holidays and stayed at the Mountain Road resort. All in all this was the perfect place for my friends and me.
The location was absolutely perfect - just a few minutes away from both Waterbury and the Stowe resort...no matter where we wanted to go, skiing, dinner, bars, local attractions and more, we were just minutes away.
The staff at the Mountain Road Resort was just wonderful. From the moment we arrived, the team was incredibly pleasant and helpful. Whether it was getting help making last minute group dinner reservations, recommendations on New Year's activities, or simple requests, the team always went above and beyond to solve our problems.
We also loved the public areas of the resort as well - there is a newly renovated aquatic center, which has a great large indoor pool, an amazing hot tub, a pool table and even a lounge. The also newly-renovated lobby area was really nice - we loved sitting by the fireplace on the couches to relax after a long day. The resort also offers a continental breakfast with a decent variety of foods that are a great way to start off a long day on the slopes.
Our room was also perfect for our group. We stayed in one of the loft rooms - it was complete with a full kitchen, brand new LCD TV, even a hot tub. We spent many a night watching DVDs in the suite while cooking up some great family dinners. It was an incredibly comfortable and cozy way to enjoy the trip.
I would definitely stay at the Mountain Road Resort again. We had an amazing time and thank the staff for treating us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Mountain Road Resort. We are conveniently located on the mountain road just 5 minutes from majestic Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak and home to Stowe mountain resort. We are within walking distance to most of Stowe’s art and antique galleries, restaurants, shops and entertainment venues and we are just 35 minutes from Jay peak, Mad River Glenn, and Smugglers Notch. We offer high quality lodging with consistently excellent service and six different types of accommodation. The Mountain Road Resort offers our guests’ great value and a balanced blend of modern amenities and timeless rustic charm. Whether you are traveling to Stowe for business, outdoor recreation, or pleasure the mountain road resort welcomes you and looks forward to providing you a clean well appointed room at a terrific rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mountain Road Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Road Hotel Stowe
- Mountain Road Resort
- The Mountain Road Resort Stowe, Vermont