“Great Stay!”

The Mountain Road Resort
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We spent Presidents Weekend plus a few days here. Very happy. We had 2 adults and 2 kids and got adjoining rooms. So much room and loved the microwave and fridge. We were in the building with the pool and hot tub which was GREAT after a long day of skiing. The pool and hot tub are new and the whole aquatic area was spotless.

As for the staff...they were very nice. We accidentally locked ourselves out of our room after skiing and they came and helped us immediately. Rooms were clean and spacious.

Only a few minutes from the mountain and convenient to everything else. Its a great deal and we would recommend it. We will be going back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I are frequent travelers to Stowe. While we have enjoyed our stays at Topnotch, Stoweflake, and Trapps, we have difficulty justifying the high cost when comparing what the Mountain Road Resort has to offer at a much lower cost. We stayed most recently in room #48 and found the room to be spacious, very clean with a refrigerator and fireplace and plenty of room to spread out. The wet bar provided an extra sink and space to prepare a quick meal and an additional savings. The fireplace was not working when we arrived but within minutes of my call to the front desk, Kyle arrived, was very friendly and polite and quickly got it working. After meeting both Kyle and Robert (the manager) I get the strong sense that they work very hard to do whatever is necessary to satisfy their guests. Mountain Road Resort is also a stone's throw away from the Harvest Market which is perfect for a snack or a gourmet take-out meal with a nice bottle of wine. Also, the coffee can't be beat. So, if you're on a budget or looking to take advantage of Stowe on a more frequent basis...you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I were looking for a cheap option for ending season skiing and happened upon this place.
"Creepy"
Kind of sums it up. The rooms are outdated and the heathcenter/"spa" was under repair and not very inviting. The weird thing wasw we were the only people staying there and I don't think we ever actually saw an empoyee the whole weekend. Now remember conditions were not good on the slope and it WAS the final end to the season so we weren't looking for much. I mean we are up there to entertain and ski not hang out in the room.
Any way, what interaction we did have with the staff was positive. They were very accomodatiing.
Relative to other places in Stowe the pricing is ideal if you want to go on the cheap and the location between the mountain , restaurants and bars is ideal.
If I was looking to impress I would probably look elesewhere otherwise I give it a whirl. Just keep you expectations low.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Husband and I went on a road trip from IL in Oct 2011 and were looking for good deals on lodging. I was a bit hesitant after reading the reviews but gave it a shot... I thought it was a great deal for the price. The room was big, there was always someone in the office when needed which was a fear as past reviewers had issues. Was super convenient and within walking distance to a lot. Would recommend and go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Klynn21
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The suite that we stayed in had a loft and a huge living area. My friends and I had the option of staying in after each day of riding or going to the indoor or outdoor hot tub. There's even a sauna in the aquatic center! The resort was only a few minutes to the mountain. The staff was amazingly friendly - you can ask them for any recommendation. For breakfast, we had the convenience of enjoying fresh coffee from the breakfast area or walking to the market next door for egg sandwiches. I would definitely go back to this resort the next time I'm in Stowe!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuAnne N
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Went with a few friends for my first east coast snowboarding and east coast mountain town get away for NYE, it was like being taken back to my roots of North Lake Tahoe in an instant. MRR sits just a few minutes from Stowe Mountain which made it the perfect location for our group to be able to spend time in town, stay away from the crowds & high prices of the mountain and yet get all the amenities and comfort of a charming cozy cabin. MRR has a fantastic pool/ hot tub facility just off the rooms and made for some great apres ski relaxation before heading back to the room (the deluxe suite with fireplace!) to cook dinner, drink wine, recount the icy turns of the day, and ringing in the New Year! The staff was fantastic and very accommodating, thank you Kyle and Bob!

Room Tip: make sure to hit up Harvest Market right next door for deliciousness!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CicloBravo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I had a great time at the Mountain Road Resort. The rooms were under renovation but got the job done and housed 4 of us comfortably. The newly renovated indoor pool and hot tub was super relaxing after a day of skiing at Stowe and a great place for apres ski drinks! (there is also an outdoor hot tub) If the rooms are anything like the beautiful lobby/pool/hot tub area, I am sure to come back! Breakfast was great but go to Harvest for a bigger selection. The front desk & management service was super accommodating and exceptional, and there are fresh cookies & hot cider in the lobby! I really enjoyed my stay here at MRR and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the same building as the pool/hot tub, let them know otherwise you will have a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends