We decided to get away from Montreal during Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Our original destination was Cape Cod but we decided to return to a nearby destination (Stowe) as our son faced a time constraint this year.
The Mountain Road Resort seemed like a reasonable choice if they had room for us. We have stayed at The Mountain Road Resort many times over the past twenty or so years - right from the beginning when owners Jeff and Bill had wooden cutouts of cows strategically placed on their front lawn!
Every visit we have seen improvements and experienced continued wonderful hospitality. We were very impressed with the newest renovations - especially the new deck and main lodge area. The staff catered to our every need as they have always done.
The breakfast was fine - good quality and selections. On day two, our son had a desire for pancakes. Not a problem - a short trip across the street and he was happy! Dinner at the Trapp Family Lodge was a little further up the road and we were thankful that we did not have to deal with the traffic delays in downtown Stowe.
We did not use the pools or work-out room. We were looking for a do-little weekend so we let nothing get in the way. Admittedly we could have done more - everything was available.
The location was great for sleeping too (important for me). We all had a restful weekend. Next time we will stay longer. Hats off to Mountain Road Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Mountain Road Resort. We are conveniently located on the mountain road just 5 minutes from majestic Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak and home to Stowe mountain resort. We are within walking distance to most of Stowe’s art and antique galleries, restaurants, shops and entertainment venues and we are just 35 minutes from Jay peak, Mad River Glenn, and Smugglers Notch. We offer high quality lodging with consistently excellent service and six different types of accommodation. The Mountain Road Resort offers our guests’ great value and a balanced blend of modern amenities and timeless rustic charm. Whether you are traveling to Stowe for business, outdoor recreation, or pleasure the mountain road resort welcomes you and looks forward to providing you a clean well appointed room at a terrific rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Road Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Road Hotel Stowe
- Mountain Road Resort
- The Mountain Road Resort Stowe, Vermont