The Mountain Road Resort has the feel of a hotel that is in the process of moving from dated accommodations to something more fabulously contemporary. The lobby, outdoor patio and indoor pool areas have a fresh modern European feel. Some of the same styling was carried over into the Jnr suite we stayed in. Quirky red lounge chair, modern lighting and original art work sat alongside other furniture that was clearly from an earlier era in the hotels history. Having done our research on Tripadvisor and other sites prior to booking we were not disappointed, we got what we expected. Our suite in the pool block was comfortable, clean and warm. The carpets and curtains were new. We could see other rooms were being redecorated and the faulty fireplaces were being repaired at the time of our stay. We booked our stay over Thanksgiving and it was quiet. The hotel was running on skeleton staff with no breakfast or full housekeeping, but they were helpful, going as far as calling our room to check if we needed fresh towels etc. The location is great for access into Stowe with a sidewalk opposite that goes all the way into the town. It's a few miles from the slopes by car. The resort is set back from the road so we noticed little road noise from our room. All in all we found our stay to be just what we'd expected and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Mountain Road Resort. We are conveniently located on the mountain road just 5 minutes from majestic Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak and home to Stowe mountain resort. We are within walking distance to most of Stowe’s art and antique galleries, restaurants, shops and entertainment venues and we are just 35 minutes from Jay peak, Mad River Glenn, and Smugglers Notch. We offer high quality lodging with consistently excellent service and six different types of accommodation. The Mountain Road Resort offers our guests’ great value and a balanced blend of modern amenities and timeless rustic charm. Whether you are traveling to Stowe for business, outdoor recreation, or pleasure the mountain road resort welcomes you and looks forward to providing you a clean well appointed room at a terrific rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Mountain Road Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Road Hotel Stowe
- Mountain Road Resort
- The Mountain Road Resort Stowe, Vermont