“Annoyed”

The Mountain Road Resort
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I understand the statement, "Looks can be deceiving" now. Upon arrival, the newly renovated check-in/lounge area was welcoming and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our room, in the not so renovated section, was clean and would have been the perfect place to sleep after a day of skiing. I say would have been, if it wasn't for the PAPER THIN WALLS!! Now I'm a pretty heavy, sleeper and never complain about noise, but I'm leaving this place completely irritated. The room next door had a crying baby that never stopped. The downstairs room had a party going on and were blaring their music. The loud noises triggered someone's dogs to start incessantly barking. I'm leaving more exhausted from this vacation than when it started. Hopefully, this doesn't happen to you on your vacation. If you stay here, bring earplugs.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ittybittyboarder

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I must admit me and my girlfriend are kind of picky when it comes to hotels but this place we thoroughly enjoyed. It was very quiet, rooms were clean and roomy. The staff was very knowledgeable about events in and out of town. The fireplace in the room was a nice touch. The pool, hot tub and sauna area were also very relaxing and seem to be recently renovated. Even when I needed more toilet paper they rushed it all the way over to me in sub zero temps really early in the morning. Mattress was not of the best quality but still wasn't terrible. Bathroom was large and the mini fridge and mini bar are a huge plus. Will for sure stay here again on the return to stowe.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I went with a foliage photo group, so did not choose the hotel myself. Upon arrival around noon, the staff was working very hard to prepare the rooms. We only had about a 10 minute wait. Nice to be able to settle in right away. The motel style room was basic and clean. Even though we were in first bldg close to the road we nevertheless heard no traffic. Being set back and up a small hill helped. Breakfast was continental and coffee was good. Even supplied carry cups for take away. Liked that the in room fridge and coffee area were set apart with raised counter. Hate bending over low bureaus to prepare coffee.
I would return here. Location to town is just right. Nearby store convenient for snacks etc. next time would take advantage of the inviting pools.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I love going up to Vermont. This trip was about the fourth time to Stowe and our second time we stayed at The Mountain Road Resort. Our room was very clean and the staff was very accommodating. The market next door and the complimentary bike rental are just added bonuses. I will be staying here next trip to Stowe!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I came into town to bring my family to a wedding and we got a room here. We have 3 small children and always like to find a spot with a pool. We cannot express enough how nice the pool facilities are! Very clean and a great use of space! The kids had a blast! The overall experience was very family friendly and a GREAT option when staying in the pricey town of Stowe!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

The pictures on line are somewhat deceiving. The room is spacious and the bed was comfortable otherwise the room was very average, no frills. The curtain in the back of the room just outside the bathroom lacked about 10 inches in length but nothing a bath towel couldn't remedy. The front desk person was very cordial and helpful with dinner suggestions. The service however stopped there. Turns out that the nice appearing lobby shown on line is locked and not accessible except certain times. The 8AM complimentary breakfast did not appear until someone finally drove up and unlocked the door around 8:30. By this time we just left frustrated with the poor attention to detail. There are plenty of other places to choose from in Stowe and we will do so next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Had a group that used 19 rooms. Evidently they hopefully are remodeling. My room was good and roomy. Others were small and crowded with broken coffee tables or air conditioners that didn't work. Breakfast was fruit and cereal and a few sweet rolls. Staff was hardly ever seen by me. If you're driving a tour bus, get ready to back in cause it's hard to turn around.

• Stayed: September 2013