“A worthwhile hike”
Review of Mount Mansfield

Mount Mansfield
Ranked #2 of 65 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermont mountain resembling a person's profile.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I took the toll road to the top and then took the hike to the peak. The hike is about 45 minutes each way and although not technically difficult, is is strenuous to hike uphill at that elevation. The views at the top on a clear day (which we had) are amazing. You can see into Canada and a beautiful view in all directions. Worth the hike.

4  Thank JB101

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We experienced all facets of Mount Mansfield as we stayed in Stowe from October to the New Year? Beautiful to hike up, or drive up the toll road, in the October sunshine and then being able to ski down the same Toll road in December was wonderful. First class skiing on an excellent range of runs to suit all abilities in beautiful surroundings. Slope side facilities and lifts all first class. Not necessarily cheap but then like most things in life you get what you pay for. Having had a superb few months there I'm certainly aiming to return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We took the auto road. It was great! Pick a sunny day. Park in Lot A if you can. You could see Lake Champlain when we went. Also, go early.

3  Thank Cathie S
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have a wonderful hike.....it's tough at times, but a glorious way to spend a day....be sure to pack your lunch.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose to start the Long Trail off Route 108 near the Smuggler's Notch Picnic area. The drive was very neat with winding narrow roads along the mountain passing boulders... drive with caution here. We were determined to hike up to the chin (highest point of Mount Mansfield). We are both relatively fit and used this opportunity to train for an upcoming trip to Mount Kilimanjaro. Boy, this was probably one of the hardest hikes for me so far. It took us about 2.5 hours to reach the top (sadly, we went on a cloudy day and didn't see much). When we went we crossed streams and mini waterfalls (likely due to snow melting) which was very cool. Take snacks and water and wear proper gear (i.e. good hiking shoes with good tread, jacket for the summit). While the hike up was a cardio workout, the hike down is what did me in. My knees hurt and quads got a really good workout. I would do this again even if I didn't get to enjoy the view from the top. If you love to hike and don't mind a challenge, Mt Mansfield is a must.

2  Thank Donna H

Been to Mount Mansfield? Share your experiences!