“Not so good”

Cuisines: American
Boston, Mass
“Not so good”
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I had eaten there many times in the past, and until about 7 or 8 years ago it was wonderful. This evil little women took over then, and it went right downhill. Last christmas we decided to try again. The pleasant bartender with a New England accent let us know it was under new management, and we could tell by the reggae playing at just the right volume. Then we ordered. Corned beef for me and the haddock for my husband. Awful meal, and not even the smiling bartender could cheer me up. We decide to try the next morning before we hit the slopes. Once again, awful. Our "waiter", Nicholas, looked like he just came off a 2 week bender and smelled like it as well. Wecame back for the summer, again new management, but still Nicholas. Maybe we'll try again in another 5 years.

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,389 helpful votes
“A hidden gem in Stowe, I believe................”
Reviewed 16 October 2008

We really enjoyed our evening meal here at the Fireside Tavern, located in the lower level of the Inn at the Mountain, in Stowe. The restaurant is very cozy, with a large, beautiful old fireplace. The decor is very soothing, yet upbeat. The service was impeccable, and this is not a snobby establishment at all. Very, very friendly and helpful employees. The food choices are somewhat limited, but there is enough choice to make almost anyone happy I would think. We ordered their burger plate and ribs and it was perfect. The price was very decent for Stowe. We have stayed at this inn before, and found it enjoyable, many years before, but never got the opportunity to eat in their restaurant. Now, we will always go back, for sure!

1 Thank tymetraveler222

Been to Fireside Tavern? Share your experiences!