“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Brass Lantern Inn

Brass Lantern Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Our stay at the Brass Lantern Inn was wonderful! Mary Anne and George were so friendly, helpful and accomodating; even bringing my breakfast with a candle for my birthday! Our room was cozy but very comfortable! Thank you for such a wonderful stay and will be back when in Stowe again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Brasslantern, Owner at Brass Lantern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for posting these very kind words on our behalf. And Happy Birthday again Cheryl!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 19 September 2012

This inn really is the best there is. Mary Anne & George were beyond hospitable - they felt like relatives. The inn has everything you need, plus stunning views! It's very easy to find and thus, located close to "downtown" Stowe. Mary Anne & George have clearly put much thought into what their guests would need and were ready to accommodate for what they may not have anticipated. The rooms were very cozy, clean, and charming, and room service for ice, beverages, dishware, etc. was great! Other guests that were staying were very friendly as well, which made for a very homey feel. All this, and I haven't even mentioned the breakfasts -- George makes the BEST breakfasts! There's not a lot else to say except I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Considering the tourist traffic that Stowe receives, the Brass Lantern is more than reasonably priced. Friendly and welcoming hosts, terrific views, cozy rooms, great location in beautiful Stowe, exceptional breakfasts, for very fair prices ... You just found what you were looking for.

Thanks again for the great stay!

- Colleen J.
Duluth, MN

Room Tip: I'm certain that whatever preferences you may have, Mary Anne & George will do as much as th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Colleen for the wonderful, wonderful and kind words reflecting your stay with us recently. George loves the comments regarding breakfast (and of course he loves to cook). We feel that we have this amazing opportunity to meet so many wonderful people (and if you feel like family, even better) and therefore appreciate these comments even more.

Thanks for your stay and we hope to host you again,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Brass Lantern for the second year in a row and loved it again! The service and quality here is consistent and the breakfast is always delicious. The Inn is located a quick walk from the center of Stowe and about a 30 minute drive from Burlington and Lake Champlain. I highly recommend staying here and plan to go back next year!

1  Thank courtney356

Thank you for your return stay. We appreciate your return and thank you for the plans to return again. Your comments are priceless to our small, family owned/operated business and we never take our service to you for granted. Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful comments.

See you soon,

Reviewed 2 September 2012

What more could I add that has not been already said by other reviewers. The moment we were greeted by George I knew all the reviews I had read couldn't be more true. He is so genuinely helpful, attentive, kind. Never met such Inn keeper. The Inn is very conveniently located only a few minutes from town. It was such a treat to see my favourite mountain to hike in the horizon. We stayed for two nights, and the Inn had no vacancies during our stay while other places did in town during our stay, that should tell you something. Due to having booked our stay very late, the first night we stayed in the Pinnacle room, and the second night got a smaller one, the Roundtop Mountain room. The first room is facing the mountain, is roomy, and I'll book this one for our next stay. The second room is facing the road, has no tv, and probably if it wasn't for the aircon I would have heard the cars pass by. The breakfast, the afternoon cookies and lemonade are a treat! Walking around Stowe we saw many Inns and hotels, but I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we're in Vermont.

1  Thank ojitos_negros2010

We are so glad to read that our B&B felt like home. This is a primary goals of ours. We appreciate very much the kind words regarding our love of this lifestyle. We also appreciate your understanding and willingness to relocate rooms during your stay (and our busy summer season in our 9 guest room Inn). The second room you were in is a very popular room for our guests that are looking for maximum value - all the amenities (minus those mountain views from the room) and the attentive service you note. And while Maple Street is fairly active during the day we are in northern Vermont where it is quite peaceful at night, i.e. not much traffic at off hours.

Thanks again for the very kind words and we truly hope to host you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We came to Stowe for a wedding and stayed at the Brass Lantern B&B last weekend. It had been "checked out" by the bride and her report was that it was a lovely place to stay. It exceeded all expectations. Often times pictures lie. The Inn is as charming and spotless as it appears in the photos. Our host, George, was very welcoming and upon our arrival he very generously gave us tickets for the 1st Stowe Weekend Festival. Because of the wedding and wedding related festivities we were not able to spend as much time at the Festival and Inn as we would have liked.
The 3 course breakfasts were amazing. The room was beautiful and the bed was so, so comfortable. We would give the Brass Lantern 10 stars if the rating went that high. We look forward to our next stay at the Brass Lantern Inn.

Val & Ken Baker
Scituate, MA

1  Thank Val B
Brasslantern, Owner at Brass Lantern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

I'm sure I have said this in a previous response but you two felt like lifelong friends within minutes of being here. You were so very gracious and understanding of Mary Anne's need to be away from the Inn for a family emergency. I know she is sorry she missed the opportunity to meet you both. Your very kind words and time to put this online ("after you were home!") is very much appreciated. We trust that our sincere, "Thank You" explains just how much we value your stay and our chance to host you. We very much look forward to hosting you again.

Best,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We ended up for one night (we wished it was longer) due to a cancelled bike trip in Vermont. We stayed in the Madonna Peak room which was large and had a great view of the Green Mountains. Mary Anne (who let me call her Mary Beth the whole time) and George were incredibly welcoming hosts. We loved the afternoon cookies, sweets and other refreshments. Mary Anne gave us great information about Stowe and places we might enjoy. But the one thing that I have raved about to everyone about our stay was our breakfast. We were lucky enough to be there the morning they were serving Belgian waffles with Maple Bacon Ice Cream. The other tables thought we were crazy but they really missed a unique treat. Who doesn't love ice cream for breakfast? The waffles were cooked to a crispy outside and tender inside with a scoop of the ice cream. We also ordered their special blueberry syrup just in case so we had the best of both toppings. We started breakfast with a parfait of fruit and we were also served herb scrambled eggs with the waffle but the waffle stole the show. We had a great time chatting with Mary Anne and the other guests during breakfast. We also had a delightful conversation with George and Mary Anne when we were checking out. This was one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed at. If I could I would rate the Brass Latern Inn a Excellent PLUS rating.

Room Tip: Madonna Peak is a great room. It takes a number of stairs to get to so if that is an issue check on...
1  Thank sket101

We very much enjoyed even your brief stay here at the Brass Lantern Inn. What a treat to be able to share bike touring stories.

And yes, how about that Maple Bacon Ice Cream over Belgian Style Waffles? We think it is a great combo and even a bit more decadent with a topping of maple blueberry sauce on top... (and this was on the menu for this morning!).

Again, though brief we had a wonderful time chatting with you and know that we could fill evenings on the back porch sharing stories with you both. Thank you so much for your delightfully kind words and consideration for another stay. We truly hope to see you again soon and next time for a bit longer to let you sample some of our other breakfast treats.

Appreciatively,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My family and I have been visiting Stowe on and off for over 25 years because we simply love Vermont and everything it has to offer. A recent stay at the Brass Lantern - my second in just two months - confirmed my initial impression of the warm, welcoming and relaxing atmosphere at the inn. After enjoying the first visit there with my husband, I brought a friend who was in need of some long overdue R & R, telling her "I know just the place for you..." Needless to say, we weren't disappointed. Mary Anne and George are delightful - professional, efficient, friendly and accommodating in a way that elevates the term hospitality to a whole new level. They go to great lengths to ensure that every detail is taken care of and their genuine, people-minded approach is an inspiration. Highlights included the delicious breakfasts, afternoon tea, charming and comfortable accommodations, beautuful scenery and of course, my jar of Purely Patrick cookie mix to take home. I came away from that weekend, feeling as though I had shared a very special gift with my friend, and hope to return there with more of my loved ones in the future. I can just picture my daughter at the piano in the parlour or both my girls oohing and aahing over the beautuful furnishings and comfy beds, not to mention those yummy breakfasts! When I think of the Brass Lantern, I must say I agree with Patrick - It truly is Hakuna Matata!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josie D

Josie - it is us who are so very thankful that you found us. And a little secret - when we feel that guests understand and appreciate our efforts it doesn't feel like work. It is just wonderful music to our ears to hear that our details mean so much to you. That reward is truly invaluable.

And how do we thank you enough for your outreach of kindness and care to our family and Patrick in particular? You are so right, Patrick has taught us the fine art of Hakuna Matat - no worries for the rest of your days...

Thank you for making our day then and now as we respond to your wonderful review. Wow, your entire family here? That would be wonderful and we would appreciate the Inn filled with music!

Best Wishes Always,