We haven't gotten home yet and felt the need to write about the Brass Lantern and about Mary Anne & George (owners). All the excellent reviews are true true true! Mary Anne really made our stay! It is so evident that Mary Anne and George runs this place with their hearts. You not only see it but feel it. There is so much warmth and love the moment you walk in. Mary Anne's joy to serve her guests is so evident.
This was a last minute getaway road trip (from NY) for us to take advantage of the Spring skiing in Stowe and do some exploring along the country roads (an annual tradition). We wanted to keep the trip budget friendly and when my husband found Brass Lantern on trip advisor he questioned the quality we would get for the very reasonable rate listed. But the reviews swayed him to take a chance and he booked. We got a mid-tiered price room. We really felt like we got so much more than we paid for. We are pretty high maintenance when it comes to room cleanliness and bed sheets. But the moment we walked into our room, we knew we had no worries. It was so quaint, cute and the sheets were just as nice as some of the 4-stars we have stayed at. The room felt like a guest room in my mom's house (didn't have the feel of a chain hotel room).The rooms, hallway & main area all feel new and clean and bright. I also love that they asked everyone to take off their snowboots at the door and even provide boot trays. This made the place feel that much cleaner to not have to walk on dirty carpets.
We always opt for B&B's like the Brass Lantern over any regular chain hotels or even big mountain resorts due to getting the personal experience and connecting with real people. I love seeing guests mingling and lounging together in the main room by the fire into the late evening. Even the guests staying here are friendly! Really felt like I was coming home to a warm & joyful home.
The Inn Keepers definitely go out of their way, and even above and beyond to meet our needs. When we returned from the slopes, we saw Mary leaving for the evening. But when she leaned we needed an ice pack, she returned back to the house to get us one. On the morning we checked out, we had to leave extra early before breakfast was served. She surprised us with 2 amazingly delicious home baked blueberry muffins cutely packed in a to-go bag with napkins for the road... Just like mom would!
The location is perfect. Close to the mountain and all the great restaurants.
We would return to the Brass Lantern just to visit Mary Anne and George! They are the reason why we search far and wide for B&B's like this. It's not just the room and breakfast but truly for a local and warm experience. If you don't have a reason to come to Stowe, know the Brass Lantern is reason enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to our ca. 1810 brick farmhouse that has been respectfully and warmly renovated into a nine guest room Bed & Breakfast. All of our guest rooms include private bathrooms. Most have gas fired fireplaces, cozy sitting areas and spectacular views of Mt. Mansfield and the Sterling Mountain Range. We understand how important and precious your time away is and we work diligently to meet those expectations. See our reviews then see for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Brass Lantern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Lantern Hotel Stowe
- Brass Lantern Inn Stowe, Vermont