We stayed at the Brass Lantern during President's week which coincided with our UK half term school holiday. After a delayed flight, landing in a storm and very poor driving conditions we ended up checking in quite late. Mary Ann and George were very accommodating and left us (amazing) cookies and everything we needed to get settled in straight away.
Food - fantastic! Best breakfasts we've had and different every day but they also cater for dietary and taste needs if required. We now have recipes to try and recreate some of George's masterpieces back here in the UK!
Location - about a 10 minute drive to the slopes (and about 5 mins to most restaurants) and very peaceful with stunning views of the mountain and the pistes.
Service - second to none! We stayed at a busy time and Mary Ann was brilliant with making sure we got into all the local restaurants and was more than willing to help and offer suggestions but didn't push us to eat anywhere specific. They are both brilliant hosts and we felt looked after right from booking.
Room - we stayed in Sterling Mountain (room 2) which was very large and comfortable with a 4 poster bed and a whirlpool bath. The room was spotless, well maintained and had everything we needed.
Hot tub - a novelty for us Brits! Sitting out there under the stars, warm but with frozen hair, and a great view of the mountain was just what the doctor ordered after a day skiing!
And lastly it was my birthday when we were there and I had candles in my breakfast! Lovely touch.
Thank you for a fantastic stay, it made our holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to our ca. 1810 brick farmhouse that has been respectfully and warmly renovated into a nine guest room Bed & Breakfast. All of our guest rooms include private bathrooms. Most have gas fired fireplaces, cozy sitting areas and spectacular views of Mt. Mansfield and the Sterling Mountain Range. We understand how important and precious your time away is and we work diligently to meet those expectations. See our reviews then see for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Brass Lantern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Lantern Hotel Stowe
- Brass Lantern Inn Stowe, Vermont