April 23rd-25th, I surprised my husband for his birthday with a weekend get-a-way to Stowe, VT. My husband and I (both in our 30's) had a great experience at the Brass Lantern Inn. I had never been to Stowe and had no idea where to stay. I found the Brass Lantern in on TripAdvisor and decided to book. Since it was during the off season some B&B's were closed the weekend we were there and it was spring break for the local school kids so the town wasn't busy at all.
When we arrived we noticed right away that the Inn and the grounds were beautiful. The Inn has a huge yard and patio furniture for the summer time. There is also a great porch you can use as well. The Inn also has a hot tub outside. We had no problems with parking.
When we walked in we were welcomed by Mary Anne (Owner and Inn Keeper). Mary Anne was very friendly and our check-in was quick and fast. She was very helpful and suggested restaurants for dinner...we chose one she recommended and it was great!
When we got to our room we were surprised by a birthday sign that they had made for my hubby! It was a great touch that made us feel welcome. Our room was very nice and roomy. It had a great view of the mountains. Everything was clean and our bed was comfy. There were nice extras in the room...bottle waters, information on Stowe and little chocolates at our bed table. The only thing that I would say was that our shower was a little loud...a little high pitched squeaking sound.
The breakfast in the morning was fabulous! George, Mary Anne's husband was the cook. The breakfast was very filling and kept us going most of the day! My husband didn't care for something on the menu and they offered to cook something else for him. They were very accommodating and also came out with a birthday candle in my hubby's banana bread.
We had a lot planned on Sat. and needed some directions to some local attractions. Mary Anne was very nice and printed directions for us. She also gave us some great information about Stowe.
We arrived back at the Inn late afternoon and grabbed a nice glass of lemonade and chocolate cookies that the Inn Keepers had out. The cookies were amazing. They also had tea and ice water as well for snacks.
So we had an amazing stay. It was nice, quiet and a relaxing weekend...just like we had planned. The best part of our stay was talking with George and Mary Anne. They were so nice and friendly I thought I had known them for years. I believe that is what makes a great B&B. We cannot wait to come back and stay at the Brass Lantern Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to our ca. 1810 brick farmhouse that has been respectfully and warmly renovated into a nine guest room Bed & Breakfast. All of our guest rooms include private bathrooms. Most have gas fired fireplaces, cozy sitting areas and spectacular views of Mt. Mansfield and the Sterling Mountain Range. We understand how important and precious your time away is and we work diligently to meet those expectations. See our reviews then see for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Brass Lantern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Lantern Hotel Stowe
- Brass Lantern Inn Stowe, Vermont