Situated slightly out of Stowe, the Brass Lantern Inn is a beautiful and welcoming place to stay. My room, and particularly the bathroom, were somewhat on the small side but spotless and comfortable. The only down side is that rooms on the side of the building facing the road are a bit noisy because of the nearby traffic. The inn itself had a very homely feel, filled with comfortable sofas, fireplaces, and books. Though I was here in August it's not hard to imagine what a cosy place this will be in the cold, snowy winters. The inn keepers, George and Mary Ann are kind and generous people who go the extra mile to make their guests comfortable, even providing a ride to the hiking trail for this traveler without a car. One thing to consider when traveling without your own transportation is the inn's location: it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the village center along the main road, which can be a bit uncomfortable at night since the road is poorly lit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to our ca. 1810 brick farmhouse that has been respectfully and warmly renovated into a nine guest room Bed & Breakfast. All of our guest rooms include private bathrooms. Most have gas fired fireplaces, cozy sitting areas and spectacular views of Mt. Mansfield and the Sterling Mountain Range. We understand how important and precious your time away is and we work diligently to meet those expectations. See our reviews then see for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Brass Lantern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Lantern Hotel Stowe
- Brass Lantern Inn Stowe, Vermont