We came up to the Mountaineer Inn last weekend as part of a group ski trip. The manager was very friendly, happy to give us advice and tips. Rooms were clean, and the giant, 20-person hot tub downstairs is great after a day of skiing. There was almost always a pot of coffee ready, and the manager was happy to brew more on request. The inn is about 4 miles from the base lodge, and getting in and parking was a breeze. There's also a shuttle that will pick you up on the road. Our package included breakfast both mornings: not gourmet, but a step up from continental breakfast. It included eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes or french toast, as well as bagels, muffins, and cereal. These were served buffet-style. The only downsides were a slight musty odor in the halls when we checked in (old building with a pool, not too bad), and the fact that we never saw the downstairs lounge and bar open. I think it's only open late on Saturday nights--though if you want to go drinking in Stowe, there is no shortage of options. Overall, a very serviceable, not too expensive option for staying in Stowe in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a budget Inn that is located just 3 miles from Main Street, and just 3.5 miles from the famous Mount Mansfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Vermont