I stayed at the Mountaineer Inn back in the winter of 1990 on a college ski trip, and I remember having a pleasant stay there with the indoor heated pool and the crackling fireplace in the lobby. 22 years later when I planned a family ski trip, I wanted to return but I was concerned about what toll the past 20+ years might have taken on the place. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Mountaineer to be a clean, hospitable place to stay. It's a small older hotel (my grandmother even stayed here in 1967!), but the owners obviously keep the place up well. The rooms weren't fancy, but they were clean and freshly-painted. We had a room with a nice view out the back door of a babbling brook, and there were dedicated locking closets outside the rooms where we could store our ski equipment. A basic continental breakfast was a nice start to the day (especially when food at Stowe is so expensive). It's located only about 4 miles from Stowe, so it was a great place to stay on our trip. And the large hot tub downstairs was a pleasant place to relax after a day on the slopes. I'd like to extend a big thank you to the staff at the Mountaineer for taking such good care of the hotel--and their guests. I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a budget Inn that is located just 3 miles from Main Street, and just 3.5 miles from the famous Mount Mansfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Vermont