Terrible customer service! We checked in and were given a room that wasn't cleaned by housekeeping since the prior guest. That wasn't the bad part. The man who checked us in was actually very nice and he handled the mistake beautifully until a manager showed up and took over because shifts were switching. We were late for dinner by then so we asked if they could correct the problem and then give us our room key when we get back from dinner. The woman (manager) told us that it wasn't their fault that we had to wait because we didn't have a reservation (which we did). We brushed that rude comment off and went to dinner. When we got back we had to page someone because there wasn't anyone at the desk. The woman from earlier came out and we asked for our room. She then proceeded to tell us that we never checked in because we left for dinner. But we had checked in and just needed a clean room. The woman then continued to tell us that everything that happened since we'd showed up was our fault. ZERO concern for customer service and zero management skills of any sort. The room was cute once we got a clean one! One employee (who said she was the only person we could talk to when we asked for a supervisor, manager or owner) completely ruined our experience and is single handedly ruining the business at The Mountaineer in Stowe VT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a budget Inn that is located just 3 miles from Main Street, and just 3.5 miles from the famous Mount Mansfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Vermont