“Review for Spa”

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Stowe
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I spent 3 nights here attending a conference. The room was nice with a fireplace. Lots of nice pillows but the bed was a s hard as a board. Clean, but needed some updating as there were cracked tiles on the floor.

My low review was based on my Spa experience mostly. The people who work there really need to learn customer service and how to behave in a spa atmosphere. While booking services which was a bit confusing because the girl was answering phones, checking in people and helping us all at the same time we were told that we get 20% off because we were with the conference.

We then came back the next day for our services. We were put in the tranquility room which was anything but relaxing. There was a loud climate control unit buzzing like a hurricane and staff members talking so loudly to each other as they went about your business.

I went in the hydrotherapy and mineral bath room. The hydrotherapy tub was disgusting. It had lots of hair & oils floating in it. The rock decor was very dirty and did not look like it was dusted in several years. The mineral bath was clean and pleasant.

The massage was mediocre. The massage bed was damp as if the sheets had been pulled out of the dryer too soon and the room was very cold. The stairs from the main floor to the massage area were really worn out looking and staff was running up and down them loudly. One man almost ran into me.

To top it all off they did not give us the 20% discount. We did not realize it at the time so my friend went back later to get it taken off our bill. The woman at the front desk actually argued with us and made it uncomfortable. Finally she agreed to it and we were credited. But it was not pleasant.

3  Thank MACO504

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Horrible experience! I had checked in to receive spa services and the fees were not expressed upfront and then they nail you with $100 in gratuity before you even have your services. I would recommend anywhere but Stoweflake Spa. When I reached out to the Spa director to discuss the problem she would not return my call. They're only after your money and could care less about their services!!!

2  Thank Leah W
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The Stoweflake exceeded our expectations, from the incredibly friendly staff to the beautiful rooms. The in room fireplace was a welcome amenity on a cold cold evening. Susi at the gift shop was extremely helpful in helping us plan our day. We will definitely plan another trip to Stowe and stay at the Stoweflake!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Stoweflake was host to wonderful vacation getaway in Vermont. The highlight to our groups visit was Susi, our vacation planner at Stoweflakes' concierge. She was the conduit to all the best things to do, perfectly edited for a balance of snowy activity and relaxation. Susi knows!
Some highlights include dog sledding, ski lessons at Von Trapp family lodge, Dutch pancakes, and a Mountain Man massage at the Spa.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Nice hot tub, sauna, and steam room; outside heated pool and hot tub for everyone's use. Nice but not co-ed so did not like it as much as the Scandinavian spa in Collingwood, Ontario. Very clean, attention to detail but not set up for hydrotherapy which is what my husband and I really want. I got the impression it was mostly utilized by people waiting for a massage and not for a day's experience.

1  Thank Karen p