My husband and I returned to the Stoweflake after two years. The Stoweflake is actually where my husband proposed. They put our traveling friends in the room we had last time (Room 503) and put my husband and I in the room they had last time (Room 505). In our room, #505, you can see the wallpaper seams peeling back, patchy ceiling repair near the smoke detector, and corrosion on the metal finishes of the bathroom, such as the fire sprinkler and shower head. Despite the hotel attempting to go green and help the environment, which I LOVE, the shower head dispersed a lot of water. It also needs to be cleaned because there are parts of the shower head where the water gathers and it kind of hurts to wash yourself under the spray. It's like the poor man's jet spray. The bed is rather lumpy and difficult to find a comfortable spot. I, myself, am a side sleeper and woke up with sore joints.
The indoor pool looked like it needed to be cleaned, perhaps since there were kids going outside into the hot tub and then back into the indoor pool. The tiles on the hot tub are falling off.
The spa, on the other hand, is a completely different story. It is amazing as ever! We are never disappointed with a day at the spa. The mineral water in the hot tub and waterfall is relaxing. I love the cucumber water in the waiting area, it's the simplest thing. Cucumber slices and water, but tastes like heaven.
Mark at the front desk is wonderfully helpful and very friendly. I wanted to get a gift into our friend's room since we were traveling up from Rhode Island for her birthday. I got a bottle of the Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner along with a birthday card. He tried FOUR times to get it to their room, but because they had the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on their door, they couldn't deliver it. 'A' for effort, though.
I'm writing this review as honest as possible because I really do love the hotel and its location. I would hate to see the Stoweflake as another establishment that has shut its doors like many other places in Stowe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a full-service resort ideally located in the heart of Stowe. Owned and operated by the Baraw family for fifty years, the AAA 4-diamond property is home to an unparalleled array of amenities and facilities, including a 50,000 square foot world class spa, an award-winning restaurant, elegant accommodations, and the largest resort-based conference center in Vermont.Stoweflake is situated on 60 acres and includes golf facilities, clay tennis courts, play areas, indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and groomed XC trails. Within walking distance is a wide variety of popular restaurants, pubs and specialty shops to explore.Visit us soon for a relaxing retreat or an adventurous mountain getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort And Spa
- Stoweflake Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa Stowe, Vermont