“A good only choice”

Ranked #23 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$9 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lounge offers a sampling of our Vermont and Austrian specialties as well as American favorites such as burgers and seafood. Our intimate lounge is a great spot to enjoy the fine musical talents of Chris Vigneau and Kathi Tarrant. Fireplace in winter/outdoor patio dining in summer/early fall.
Longwood, Florida, United States
“A good only choice”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When staying at the Trapp Lodge, there are two food choices: The dining room and the lounge. Since we were travelliing with kids and didn't want to dress up, wee ate both nights in the lounge.

There are great choices for drinks in the lounge, with a full bar. I partook of a local bottle cider and my husband enjoyed the lager Dunkel.

The first night, I ordered the farmer's sausage with sauerkraut and my husband ordered the bratwurst/Knackwurst plate with veggies instead of sauerkraut. My 14 year old ate the burger and my 8 year old ordered the salmon with cauliflower risotto. Everything we ordered was wonderful, even though the farmer's sausage was a little spicy for my preference.

The next night we HAD to go back at my 8 year old's insistence. She REALLY loved the salmon and cauliflower. It WAS really good! This time I had the bratwurst, which was delicious and my husband had a Caesar with grilled chicken. He was very pleased with the chicken.

The prices are a bit high with most dinners being between $20-28. It was expected at a hotel such as this one.

My only complain is the piano player in the lounge. He is obviously talented, but seems bored with playing. Everything he played was rushed or jazzed up and frantic. I would have preferred that he played a little bit more serenely so I could enjoy the music. It became annoying.

I would eat her again. I loved the bratwurst.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lisa F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Fantastic food full of flavour and beautifully presented. Excellent service and great atmosphere! Highly recommended for casual meal or special occasion!

Burlington
“Good food,good service, good view”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The iconic Trapp Family Lodge lives up to its name even in the more casual lounge/bistro setting. As with the rest of the lodge the view over the valley is amazing. The service is attentive and efficient without being overbearing. Menu is a casual lounge type menu.

Both my spouse and myself opted for the popcorn salad to start which was your basic green salad with popcorn replacing the croutons. My spouse chose the Bratwurst entree that was very well prepared as well as being a very good German/Austrian Bratwurst. I had an excellent lobster roll that was basically two lobster sliders. The lobster was extremely well prepared and very tasty. The quantity od the salads and entrees made us pass on desert. For the quality, service and ambiance the prices are not extravagant although not cheap.

NY
“Do not waist your time”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Starting with service, we were waiting for 10 minutes to get menus and eventually I got them myself. Another 10 minutes after we put them down and I had to wave with both hands to have our waiter's attention. Food is simple and eatable to put it nicely. Variety is poor. We were starving that's why we stayed in the first place but I regretted it as soon as I got my meal. In a good day sitting outside with beer could work but I would not recommend to come here for food or atmosphere.

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Awesome”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I enjoyed the piano music and the atmosphere was very relaxing. A return visit is a must and will include a stay at the Lodge

Visited October 2013

Been to Lounge at Trapp Family Lodge? Share your experiences!