“Great Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Comfort Foodie alert! I was pleasantly surprised dining here...and now I am left with a craving for their wonderful dishes. The environment is dated, and I wondered about the service for a few minutes. However, all in all I had a great experience and the food was exceptional. I highly recommend if you are in the Stowe area and have a craving for Italian food.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were extremely happy with our meal! We were exceedingly happy with the service! The ambience is delightful! If it wasn't for that darned whiff of mildew that apparently emanated from ceiling tiles that showed signs of water damage.

We ordered the leg of lamb special: the lamb was served medium rare with mashed potatoes and asparagus--delightful! We ordered the fetuccine with shrimp--exquisite. We ordered the seafood quinoa--a cut above. We ordered just plain old spaghetti with marina and sausage--super. We passed on appetizers, but the bread sticks were uniquely prepared with garlic and butter. Ah, and the desserts: tiramisu and mousse--superb.The server showed just the right attention without being intrusive; just helpful enough without being overbearing.

The manager told us that the restaurant is closing down for a month because in the shoulder season in Stowe business is slow. We hope they continue the menu just as it is when it re-opens. And we hope they keep the server as well.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The concierge at stowe mountain lodge recommended this restaurant. When we walked in, we were initially bummed out by the very outdated decor and the musty odor, however, the food was fantastic. My husband had the chicken Vincenzo, and I had pasta with broccoli, onions garlic and oil....my husband said it rated up there with some of the best Italian places he has eaten at in NYC....Go!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by friends who summer at Stowe, and we were very glad they did. The restaurant is in a charming inn, just north of Stowe village. The menu is Italian, and it offers a nice balance of traditional pastas, fish, chicken and meat. The wine list is also quite acceptable, but is definitely with an Italian bias, ie valpolicella, chianti, etc. The service was good, and we never lacked for attention during the meal. I ordered veal piccata and it was tasteful and properly prepared, It was served with broccolini and spaghetti in mild garlic and butter. Our party also had chicken and pasta dishes, and everyone found them to their liking. My caesar salad was also good, as were the deserts (tiramasu and raspberry walnut torts). Sadly, the only thing lacking was a cappucino, as the machine was broken. We visit Stowe regularly, and we plan to go back to the Foxfire.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My meal was the worst I have ever had. I had chicken, it was tough and dry, the waitress was terrible