“wonderful food, wonderful service”

Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$8 - US$42
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The food was unforgettably delicious, and the service amazing. The friendly chef even came out to greet us! Everything made us really want to come back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had the veal with red cabbage along with one of Von Trapp lagers. It was amazing. Have never had anything like it and wish i could get it at home. The service and ambiance was excellent as well. My wife and son enjoyed their meals as well.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Arrived at Trapp Family Lodge as winter mega-storm Vulcan was dumping loads of fresh powder. Excited to take advantage of nature's generous gift this late in the season (it's practically St. Patty's Day), but with temperatures ranging from single digits to mid-teens, a power breakfast was definitely in order! The Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge provided the perfect start to our day, with both a beautiful view and scrumptious food. Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes, made from a special recipe soaking the oats in the batter, were more than satisfying; hearty and thick, but not heavy, and were served with von Trapp maple syrup. My husband chose the breakfast buffet, another excellent choice. The array was splendid and included home-made breads & pastries, delicious sausages, fresh berries, yogurts & muesli, smoked salmon, fantastic french toast and of course, the signature pure Maple Syrup. Even the scrambled eggs were delicious! (nothing suffered loss of quality from over-heating or lack-laster, as can often happen in buffet meals) We left the Dining Room VERY happily tanked up and prepared for the day!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We go to Stowe a lot but had never gone to the restaurant. We finally went last week and I wasn't expecting much as I assumed it was old and outdated. What a great surprise. Our food was excellent, the staff was great and after drinks at the bar with the piano player was wonderful. I can't wait to go back when I'm in Stowe. I have no idea what kind of bread was in the bread basket but if you are on a low carb diet, be careful! You will not be able to stop yourself from eating the whole basket.

1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had an outstanding dinner at the Trapp Family Lodge! My fish entree was excellent with its light sauce. My husband enjoyed its wiener schnitzel. My son was able to get a kid meal. Our waiter, Christian, was very friendly and eager to please us. I highly recommend it!