“Good bed and breakfast”

Innsbruck Inn At Stowe
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The inn is somewhat outdated and in need of renovation. Nevertheless, the personnel and services provided made a difference. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and quite enough. Two main concerns: the noisy air conditioner and the slippery bath tub (no separate shower). Amenities in the room are quite complete. Similar to many skiing areas, activity is low weekdays during the Summer, which is good as we are seeking a quite retreat. The inn offers a full breakfast and during weekdays it is prepared to order. Service at the front desk as well at the breakfast area is very good. Swimming pool, game room, hot tub and free bike rentals are among the amenities offered. This is not luxury stay, but overall value to price is very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minah_2
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share not only the aspects of your stay that impressed you, but also the areas that need our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered and I’m happy to hear that the property was clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff was pleasant. Thank you for alerting me to the problems with the air conditioner, and the bathtub; I will be sure to speak to our maintenance department immediately. On behalf of our staff and family, I thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Stowe. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Stowe!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was concerned about the look of the place upon arrival. It IS a little dated. However, the bathroom was VERY clean; the full hot breakfast was excellent; the staff was more than accommodating for our group (above & beyond); and there was plenty for our family to do in the Inn (hot tub, game room) and on the grounds. Don't knock it until you try it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share not only the aspects of your stay that impressed you. I am happy to hear that the property was clean, the breakfast was good, the staff was accommodating and you enjoyed the grounds and amenities. On behalf of our staff and family, I thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Stowe. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Stowe! Sincerely.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The inn was perfect for our family's needs. We had my husband and I, our 3 year old, 1 month old and my husbands parents...and our chocolate lab. We got 2 adjoining rooms with a little living room and kitchenette with a full breakfast included for under $200. There was plenty for us to do with 2 kids and a dog right there on the grounds of the inn...babbling brook, bike path, swing set....the inky disappointing part about the outside was the pool. I thought it would be heated but it was freezing and it was very dirty. The inside of the inn is also in dire need if renovations. Everything is outdated. The carpets are dirty. But I suppose if everything was updated the price would not be so good!

• Stayed: June 2014
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. The inns location, with its close proximity to the bike path and the areas best restaurants, ensures that daytime or nighttime activities are close at hand. Be informed, that we will enhance our rooms in the coming months for even more comfort. Thanks again for kind note and for sharing them on tripadvisor. All the best and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

got up said to myself, self lets go to Vt ended up in Stowe. Like the looks of innsbruck inn had a swiss alps look to it. I ask for the cheapest room with it being off season was a great bargain.
my room opened out to a terrace area was very nice.was in a great location the recreation trail was right behind the property and at the base of the mt. they were very helpfully directing me to bar and grill,hiking trails ect... oh jacuzzi was awesome after a day of hiking/riding.i will be back and next time I'm not getting the cheapest room lol. For just ending up go to Stowe out of the blue,not know the area no reservations I would consider this a home run

Room Tip: if your going for the basic room try to get room one,that open to the terrace :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary C
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

When a guest reaches out to us and shares their experience , we are always extremely grateful and delighted to learn that their stay was enjoyable. Our goal is to provide a wonderful and memorable experience through the inns great location, attentive service, beautiful grounds, and comfortable amenities. Our goal is to offer the kind of property that ensures our guests have the best possible stay. Reading your comments confirms that we are fulfilling our goal in providing the kind of experience that our staff can be proud of and our guests are pleased with. Thank you very much for your kind words and courteous review.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We made reservations online after viewing pictures and considering available ammenities that were important to our first visit to.Stowe. Our reserved room was called the.Feature.room with.a.King bed, imlorted wood stove fireplace, and in room jacuzzi. This hotel also had a "Starlight" outdoor jacuzzi, picnic area and access to the recreation path. When we arrived we first noticed the outside jacuzzi was covered and the outdoor pool green. Entering the building we noticed a building in much need of repair and painting. At the check in desk we were given the keys to the room and told to go back outside and cary our luggage to the second floor. "Thought this was supposed to be a 1st floor room" We made our way upstairs and into the hallway leading to our room. It was like walking on a pillow, they must have put layers of new carpeting over old making for an uneven surface. Opening the door we found a room not at all resembling the room we reserved. Ewwww was the first thing that came to mind and the second was to load the car back up and demand a refund on my credit card. We went back to the desk and were informed they had given us an "upgrade" due to repairs being done on the room we reserved. Upgrade? Really? I was not informed of this change prior to my arrival nor when we checked in. Unprofessional, dirty and in disrepair. Stay clear of this one. We high tailed it out of there and found fabulous accomodations just down the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank byrdie030359
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. While we make every attempt to accommodate guests with a particular room, we are sometimes unable to rent a specific room due to circumstances beyond our control. In this particular case, the room you requested was unable to be rented due to a heating/ac problem that required an outside contractor to repair. We offered you our largest suite for a standard room rate, due to the fact that we could not rent the room you requested. We are very sorry that this was not an acceptable option. There was also never any charge to your card that required a refund. We have two(2) outdoor hot tubs on the premises, and each one has a removable cover to retain the heat. This is a common practice for hot tubs located outside in colder climates. The outdoor pool was just recently filled with water after being closed for the winter. Upon your arrival we had just begun to run the filters and chlorinate the water. Hence the color of the water was a green color until the optimum pH was reached and the water properly filtered. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment you experienced, and hope you give us another opportunity to meet or exceed your lodging expectations in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We enjoyed a lovely, relaxing visit at the Innsbruck Inn while traveling to Vermont for a family graduation. Room was spacious and clean, very comfortable. Location is perfect, nestled in the mountains with an authentic covered bridge and mountain stream directly behind the inn. We were served complimentary tea/coffee and cookies in the afternoon in the cozy breakfast room, decorated in authentic Austrian ski lodge style. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous. We are definitely planning to come back here in the fall. We enjoyed the Vermont hospitality and atmosphere combined with Austrian "Gemuetlichkeit"!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JeanD072589, Owner at Innsbruck Inn At Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the pleasant staff, delicious breakfast, and spacious, clean, comfortable rooms. It is always great to hear that our guests had a memorable stay with us. We invest a lot of time in effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalized service. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance for your future accommodation arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was in Stowe for a conference and booked two nights at the Innsbruck. It was clean including the carpet (one stain by the mini fridge) and the tile floor in the bathroom was clean. The bathroom was also very clean, including the shower curtain and liner. There was some peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. Towels were fluffy and clean as well.
The bed was comfortable, linens clean, and no evidence of bedbegs in or near either bed. It was quiet in the hotel. There is a bar/small dining area downstairs and I ate breakfast there the second morning which was included in the cost of the room. The breakfast was good, plenty of options.
The staff were pleasant. The only negative was after the housekeeper cleaned on Saturday the door was left unlocked to my room but none of my belongings were disturbed. I reported it to the front desk and the man was very apologetic and said he would make a note of it and speak to the housekeeper. I wasnt very worried as the other people staying at the hotel were there for the same conference that I was (cancer survivor weekend).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share not only the aspects of your stay that impressed you, but also the areas that need our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered and I’m happy to hear that the property was clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff was pleasant. Thank you for alerting me to the problems with the wall paper, and the unlocked door; I will be sure to speak to our housekeeping department immediately. On behalf of our staff and family, I thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Stowe. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Stowe! Sincerely, Your Innkeeper, Mr. Jean Drolet.