I stayed at the lodge with my girlfriend for foliage season that past October. We had such a good time that we have already booked our next visit for ski season in March.
The room was comfy. It was right near the pool and had just been renovated. Really comfy bed, nice new carpet, flatscreen TV and great bathroom. The furniture didn't look brand new but it was still nice.
We didn't use the pool, but it looked new and seemed like it would be fun for kids- with a bridge crossing it. Sauna and hot tub were good and we used them every night. The real highlight of the trip was the breakfast. Was it a gourmet breakfast worthy of a Michelin star?- no, but was it the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had at a reasonably priced hotel?- absolutely. Fresh eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, muffins, scones, bread, cereal, and the chance to enjoy it next to a roaring fire- what more could we want?
The river in the back was really nice. There was actually a wedding out there our first day, but the second day it was quiet so we had a picnic back there on the riverbank.
We live in Mexico now, but have family in New York and are up north a few times a year. Never skied Stowe, but it looks great. We'll be there in March so we'll try to post another review in winter to let you know what thats like.
For dinner, try Trattoria La Festa. Great Italian restaurant right down the road. We were able to eat outside which was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Lights Lodge is family owned and operated and located on the mountain road in Stowe. We are the closest affordable hotel to Mount Mansfield and the Stowe Mountain Resort. We are just minutes away from many great dining options and activities. Our amenities include a seasonal outdoor pool, heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and game room. In the summer, both kids and adults enjoy playing in or lounging along the banks of the west branch river, located directly behind the Lodge. All of our rates include a hot country breakfast daily. We hope to welcome you to the Lodge soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Lights Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Lights Hotel Stowe
- Northern Lights Stowe
- Northern Lights Lodge Stowe, Vermont