The place was a bit of a disappointment.
It looks nice from out outside (and some parts inside), but the rooms are pretty basic and run-down (paint peeling off the doors, crudely nailed-together furnishings, tiny TV).
The main problem though, is the noise.
The heater is making such a racket that it sounds like a jet-plane is taking off outside the place. Even with ear-plugs we had a hard time getting any sleep. On top of that, due to the poor sound insulation it sounded like people walking by outside, in the hall, were trampling around on our ceiling.
Oh, and no heating in the bathroom. Very nice in the winter, in Vermont...
And what's with the breakfast hours? 7-9am on weekends??? I'm there on *vacation*, not to get up at 7am to milk the cows! Breakfast hours are actually EARLIER on weekends than they are during the week. (Not by much, but still — what's the logic there?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Lights Lodge is family owned and operated and located on the mountain road in Stowe. We are the closest affordable hotel to Mount Mansfield and the Stowe Mountain Resort. We are just minutes away from many great dining options and activities. Our amenities include a seasonal outdoor pool, heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and game room. In the summer, both kids and adults enjoy playing in or lounging along the banks of the west branch river, located directly behind the Lodge. All of our rates include a hot country breakfast daily. We hope to welcome you to the Lodge soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Northern Lights Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Lights Hotel Stowe
- Northern Lights Stowe
- Northern Lights Lodge Stowe, Vermont