“Perfect lil lodge for a couple's getaway skiing Stowe”

Northern Lights Lodge
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had previously lived in Stowe seasonally and stayed at Northern Lights Lodge on a couple different occasions and always had a wonderful experience, so when my boyfriend and I wanted to plan a little mini vacation getaway, the first place that came to mind was Stowe. When the next thought came to accommodations it was an easy choice. I called to make a reservation a month in advance for our trip, and on the phone, the owner personally helped me choose the best room for the best price on the desired dates. When we arrived after a 12hr hour drive the check-in was super quick and friendly and our room was conveniently located right where we parked. The first day the weather was the absolute pits (45 degrees and raaaaain) but our cozy room and Green Mountain coffee served all day made for a relaxing arrival . As mentioned in other reviews its no joke. An amazing complimentary breakfast started each morning just right! Can't beat that in addition to the proximity to the mountain. Literally 5 minutes. After a long day at the mountain coming back to a warm homey lodge with a comfortable bed, friendly people, hot-tub, sauna, and pool topped it off. I would definitely recommend Northern Lights Lodge to anyone looking for a perfect little spot right on Mountain Road!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here five years ago and just recently took my girlfriend for a snowboarding trip. It was a great experience. The innkeepers are very accommodating and kind. Two words: FREE BREAKFAST! How could you go wrong?! The pool is always warm and the hot tub is hot! It is only a 5 minute drive to stowe! Such a close commute. AND they give out cookies in the lobby! We were upgraded to a king size room! I cannot imagine traveling to Stowe and staying somewhere else. We were within 5 minutes of just about everything!

Room Tip: They often have specials and promotions depending on the year, so check their website or call them...
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were there in the middle of a very slow week, and I think that we were the only ones in the main building. Owners very friendly and room clean and adequate. Comfortable bed. We did have to wait a while for the water to run hot, but that was to be expected with no one else using it. They have a great indoor pool with a hot tub and a sauna. Breakfast was made to order , but I think that was because there were insufficient people to justify a buffet. At the price it would be hard to beat in Stowe.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently stayed at the lodge and it was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was fantastic and the owners are one of the most caring people I ever meet. I wish you continued success. You are the best!!

Room Tip: My room was in the back and it was wonderful to see the mountains from my room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I just got back from our second stay at Northern Lights and we couldn't be happier. This lodge offers fantastic value. The facility is clean and the atmosphere cozy. The owners obviously take a lot of pride in what they do. The breakfast provided is great and the staff is very attentive. We will be returning and look forward to our next stay.

Jason and Kristin Smith

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel was perfect for our recent stay in Stowe Vermont. The room size was generous with our requested 2 queen size beds. The bathroom was basic but spotless. The price was extremely fair. The breakfast, included in the room price, was extensive and excellent. The cookies and hot cider in the lobby in the afternoon were very appreciated and delicious. The location is halfway up the mountain road, and just a quick drive to the mountain. The innkeepers are clearly are working hard to keep the inn in good shape, and are very friendly and eager to keep their guests happy. Remember your bathing suit because the pool, hot tub, and sauna looked very appealing. If you are looking for a fancy place to stay in Stowe you won't like this place. If you are looking for a clean, friendly, comfortable, well located, excellent value place, the Northern Lights Lodge will be exactly what you are looking for. I will definitely stay here again,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sufei10536
Reviewed 24 October 2013

After a day touring Vermont, we were fortunate to have made reservations at the Northern Lights Lodge. We were greeted by the young couple lodge keepers who were very pleasant and informative about the area. Our room was clean and roomy with an enjoyable view of the local folage from our picture window. We were given information on the local eaterys and made the choice of a good Italian restaurant. After dinner we returned to the lodge and had easy access to the ice and vending machines, also a washer and dryer were available. After a good night's sleep, we enjoyed a breakfast buffet in the dining room that served a good variety of breakfast fare. I would definitely recommend Northern Lights Lodge for a quaint enjoyable stay in the Stowe area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing highway are newer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends