“nice location”

Northern Lights Lodge
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The owners were great hosts. They answered all my questions. When issues did arise they were dealt with right away. Great location for Stowe and Smugglers Notch. Breakfast was good, nice to have real eggs in the morning. The pool was fine for my boys and the hot tub was good too. I would recommend.

There are newer reviews for Northern Lights Lodge

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were traveling with three adults and two small children, and so booked the efficiency apartment. The apartment (at least the one we got) was even nicer than what we expected from the website. We had plenty of space, and things were very clean. Having the river just outside was also a nice bonus. Most of all, we were very impressed with the owner. He was quite helpful in clearly answering some questions I had before I booked, and then once we arrived (at a relatively late hour) he took the time to tell us about the area and recommend some things to do. Breakfast was also good. Would definitely stay here again the next time we're in Stowe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a room in the main lodge which had wood trim and was very comfortable. There are also other buildings with motel style rooms. There is a very nice Indoor pool that you can walk over and an indoor hot tub. There is also an outdoor pool. They serve a nice breakfast in two very spacious and comfortable rooms with a nice atmosphere. This is where you will find the giant teddy bears who, contrary to another review, are not dirty but rather very soft and delightful. Kids of all ages including myself enjoyed them! Michael the owner is very friendly and accommodating, he called to make dinner reservations for us in town. We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Banjonut
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very nice stay....clean, comfortable, friendly staff . Gave me an unasked- for upgrade, even though I was perfectly happy with my original reservation . Nice breakfast - my daughter refused to try anywhere else ! Would stay here again

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at Northern Lights Lodge on the way through Stowe. It was a Hotels.com hotel that came highly rated. The accommodations were clean - but older. The pool is well kept and clean as is the hot tub. The innkeepers were very attentive and provided great customer service. The breakfast is good and plentiful. I would stay again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The lodge is under new ownership, so I get outdated needs to be updated. The mattress in my room wasn't comfortable. I paid more with Expedia because the lodge ran an 89$ special that night. If I had paid 89$ I would've understood what I was getting.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the pool area are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Northern Lights Lodge was a great place to stay while exploring the area! I booked it sight unseen online and imagine my surprise when the owner called to check on some special requests I had asked for! Nobody does that anymore! That is a small example of the personal caring management/ownership of this lodge. The property was very clean with beautiful landscaping. Our room was very quaint and clean with comfortable beds. The very best part were the breakfasts! They were all freshly cooked in the kitchen-real scrambled eggs, real bacon, fresh sausage, blueberry pancakes, French toast, fresh fruit and great Green Mountain coffee! All served in a very large dining room. The location was perfect -halfway between Stowe and Smuggler's Notch. All this for a very very reasonable price! I highly recommend the Northern Lights Lodge!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends