First and foremost, about the free WIFi service on the property: the word for it is "Frustrating". When it's actually working it's incredibly slow. But most of the time it is using three different servers trying to find a solid connection, and when it finally does, the previous server that you were using will disconnect you.
If a reliable WIFI service is a necessity while staying in Stowe, You won't find it here.
However, they are a great all in one location for accommodations of all types of parties. Be it family or friends, groups large and small, they should be able to accommodate you all at a pretty fair price.
Someone else in a previous review mentioned a less than Ideal continental breakfast. I would have to agree with that same assessment. All the items of food are situated on a single wall in a fairly small room to begin with, limiting 1 or 2 people at a time helping themselves, so this requires patience.
About the "Value Rooms". These are the cheapest accommodations on the property which come with a few sacrifices;
1) No microwave oven in the room.
2) A mini (table top) fridge and a plug in coffee maker are your only kitchen appliances.
3) The location of these rooms directly above the game room section of this hotel (Which also doubles as a ski tuning room during the winter months). Not exactly peaceful.
It should be noted that all of the "Efficiency Room" accommodations come with a kitchenette.
About the flat screen TV's around the property. With a diagonal screen size of approximately 24 inches, these screens are actually too small to be enjoyed across a room some 10 feet away. And while they do broadcast some channels in HD, others are standard cable channels resulting in less than stellar picture quality.
There is one final matter that could be of importance. If your vacation situation requires you to come and go during the overnight hours. Have a flashlight handy as there are no exterior lights on during those hours.
The regular vacationer's who are loyal to the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift won't be dissuaded by this review. That said, things could still be a little bit better to broaden the appeal to first time visitor's to this family owned and otherwise wonderful establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between picturesque Stowe Village and the Stowe Mountain Resort, the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift is situated on 16 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, bordered by the pristine Westbranch River. A variety of lodging including rooms, efficiencies, fireplace efficiencies, apartments, suites and houses is offered. Guests can partake in our continental breakfast, mountain bikes, snowshoes, hot tub, heated pools, tennis courts, game room and more. Free wireless is also available! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stowe Motel & Snowdrift reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stowe Motel And Snowdrift
- Stowe Motel & Snowdrift Hotel Stowe
- Stowe Hotel Snowdrift
- Stowe Motel & Snowdrift Vermont