“Convenient and cute; but no luxury. Ratio price/quality is poor but this is Stowe.”

Grey Fox Inn & Resort
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersGold level
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

You get what you pay for; but 207$ in February does not take you far in Stowe.. this is what you get.
A very decent hotel, nicely situated; closer to main street than the mountain but close to all restaurants and shops. Parking is easy.
The rooms are the weakness; we go a room with a living area which rendered the bedroom very small and the bed was a full or felt like it. The furniture, TV and carpet are in bad need for a revamping.. They still have tube TVs from the 1980's. The bed sheets are not the best and so is the comforter (kind of disgusted me). Bathroom and toiletries are "OK".

There is a very small gym, a decent size indoor pool and Jacuzzi and a Sauna.. I think the swimming pool area is the forte of this place and so is the main lounge...

There is a bar/Restaurant on site and the very decent Dutch Pancake house where you get a 15% discount when you are staying @ hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Naim00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed twice at Grey Fox Inn recently. Over many years, have stayed at many Stowe locations and can honestly say Grey Fox is one of the nicest. We don't go for the $$$$ places at Stowe...there are many of them. For the money, Grey Fox offers nice sized rooms that are clean, in good condition and comfortable. James does a nice job of managing the Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BradShaw123
Beverly, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We were in the area and decided to stay for the night. We found The Grey Fox inn. The price was a little high for the quality of the room. There is also a fee charged by the inn. The rooms need a facelift. The television was outdated and the toilet ran all night. Luckily we were only there for one night. I wouldn't stay here again, there are many other places to choose from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kristlenook
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Found the condo clean, but in need of work. One of the beds sagged on one side. Water pressure was very low, and shower nozzles were not working very well. Luckily there was a fireplace as the heat was not the best. the location is good, but they really could work on sprucing things uT

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BAMRDRLD
James P, General Manager at Grey Fox Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Over the last two months we have been updating our hotel and Renovating our rooms. If your ever in Stowe again come by and I will take you on a tour and show you all the improvements.
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Even if you are not staying at the inn, but you are in Stowe, I would stop here for breakfast.
We stopped here from Burlington just for breakfast and was well worth it.
I had the Apple bacon pancake, and it was just about the best thing I ever ate. Another person had the pancake with sausage, cheese and hashbrown and it was also delicious. Also ordered was the eggs benedict with strawberry pancake...
The waitress was very friendly and nice and the food was great!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Grey Fox Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review. Please visit again soon.
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at the Grey Fox Inn recently for a couple of nights on a business trip. I arrived a few minutes after 5:00 p.m., but the reception door was locked and my paperwork and key were in an envelope outside the door. Apparently the main desk closes at 5:00 p.m. in off-season. My room was not in the main building, so I had to go to the back of the parking lot to get to my building. This wasn't a big deal, but I didn't feel completely safe because the parking lot isn't well-lit.

My room was clean, but outdated. It had a motel-like feel to it. My room had a fireplace, which I used, but I didn't use the jacuzzi because it was a little run-down (but still clean). If they upgrade the furniture, change the old, plastic blinds, and replace many of the tiles, it would be a big improvement. Also, the curtain liner for the shower/jacuzzi barely reaches the top of the tub so the shower water easily spills out onto the floor.

I should mention the couple of staff members I encountered were very friendly. And, although I didn't use it, the indoor pool looked very clean. I did use the fitness room. It was clean, but the equipment was outdated and the dumbbells were limited. There were only four sets with the heaviest being 11 lbs. Also, I ate at their breakfst restaurant, the Dutch Pancake Cafe, which was very good.

Overall, my experience at the Grey Fox Inn was just okay and I won't be returning unles they upgrade their rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We are in the Process of updating all of our rooms. To date we have supplied the whole hotel with wireless internet and Flat screen TV's and over the next few months we will be adding new upgrades to hotel for our guest to enjoy.
Windermere, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family and I went to Stowe, VT to experience the fall foliage. Stayed at the Grey Fox Inn 4 nights. My main issue was the rooms were outdated and the food was overprice. The Gray Fox Inn is in a great location and the employees do care unlike I've seen in other reviews. Overall I would not come back to the Grey Fox Inn in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Please come again. We have made some great improvements to our hotel.