Commodores Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Field Guide(Stowe)
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiessmall lakeprime riboutdoor poolnew englandbit datedevery afternoonhot tubhot breakfaststayed one nightbreakfast was includedvisiting stoweski tripfrench toastpondlobbylemonade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

For the 3rd year in a row, we choose to stay at the Commodores for our annual long weekend stay in Stowe. Once again we had our dog Gracie with us. In my opinion, the Commodores is still the best place to stay when you have a dog with you. The property is big enough to run around, the dog loves getting her paws wet in the lake, and the large terrace makes it easy to sit & eat outside without being in other people’s way. The extra charge for the dog is only $10/night.

The rooms can definitely use an upgrade – it would be nice to arrive one year and discover new beds and TVs. That being said, with the low price I paid and the addition of the dog, I am not complaining. I slept well while staying there.

There is a full service restaurant, but it is not always open. The bar has an always available menu which starts at 4pm. As for the confusion regarding breakfast, it is included if you booked directly through the Commodores website. If you booked through a 3rd party travel site, it is not.

The staff have always been very friendly to us, and our dog gets treated very well. She acts like she owns the place and we are never made to feel unwelcome (Richard, it was nice to see you again!).

I look forward to my next visit….

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lor74
Reviewed 1 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was a very nice and comfortable place to stay. Had a lot of extra amenities such as a game room, hot tubs/jacuzzis, indoor and outdoor pool, a lake with canoes and kayaks to use at any time. Check in was great and front desk staff were nice and helpful. There was a lot of confusion about breakfast and it wasn't included for us but for others..not sure why, so definitely ask. I would recommend staying her if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tjmc1977
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always helpful for us to know where improvement is needed. I am happy that overall your stay was acceptable.

I am sorry about the breakfast confusion. The dining room does have a code which shows who has breakfast included and who does not. We have gone over this with them to make sure that they are clear. Our breakfast policy is stated within each booking engine. Those who book directly with us do have breakfast included.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Peaceful. Pierre was great at bar/dinner. Front desk was nice but see breakfast comment. Room 108 quiet and very comfy. My bed was good. The other was a little crooked. Lots to do! Pool. Canoe. Kayak. Bad=breakfast. We thought it was free. It's not. Price was only 7.50 w/ all taxes so decent. We would love to come back. Easy access to lots of things. Well priced but it was off season.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mineral2004
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I would probably have rated this hotel 3 stars (it was exactly what it needed to be for the money we paid), but one incident elevated it to 4. We got a flat tire from driving on the mountain roads and when we realized we didn't have the right tools to change it, we headed in to call a tow-truck. Thank goodness they had a jack at the hotel, and Floyd from the staff quickly came out and switched out the tire for us. Maybe he was just doing his job, but our whole trip last less than 48 hours and it would have been a disastrous waste of time to wait for a tow-truck.... so this literally saved our vacation (and a ton of money I'm sure). It was really awesome that they went that extra mile for us.

Anyway, as for the inn itself: yes, the room looked kind of dated and all that, but it was comfortable and clean. We came to Vermont to enjoy the food, beer and the outdoors, not to sit inside and stare at the bedspread.
The Commodores was inexpensive enough that we could guilelessly enjoy everything else, and it was quiet and comfortable when we wanted to sleep. That's about all we could have asked for. The free coffee and cookies were a nice bonus. The nautical theme gave everything a nice character. If anything, I kind of wish we had had a couple more hours to spend in and around the hotel because the lake in the back looked nice, and the lobby and common areas had a comfortable cottage-y feel. The patio looked like a nice place to hang out, and I would have loved to try the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends