Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$100
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$90
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$148
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$120
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$207
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$275
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$197
US$183
US$81
US$74
All reviewsmountain roadcontinental breakfastcheck in was quicksmall kitchenetteour room was spaciousyogurtking bedapres skia nice place to staya great staynew englandhot tubfireplacevermontdrivewayaccommodationspond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Honestly, we were disappointed from this motel. This is a classic motel with standard and old equipment. The restaurant is extremely overpriced, the staff is not very nice and portions are too small. During breakfast, we had to ask for extra bread, because it was not added. Before the visit I was expecting something completely different, given the number of positive comments. We won't return to this motel. For the same price you can find much better hotels in Stowe.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Kate L, Owner at Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

We are always sorry to disappoint. The Hob Knob is always in the process of upgrading, though it is a process. You will be happy to know that new tile floors and toilets are going into guestrooms this fall if you travel back this way.
The restaurant prices are in line with the food costs we incur due to the high quality of food and the Certified Angus beef we sell. The steaks we sell are all portioned by weight starting at 6oz and ranging up to 16oz, we do have larger portions available.
I do have to apologies for you experience with our staff. We do pride ourselves on a warm and welcoming experience.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Have just returned from a Vermont getaway . Once again we stayed at The Hob Knob Inn in Stowe and we had a wonderful time . Everyone at the Inn is busy sprucing up for the coming season but still had time to make our stay warm , inviting and just plain WONDERFUL. You can't beat this place for the wonderful ambiance that Barb,Kate ,Rick and the babies supply.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The Hob Knob Inn is a great place to stay while in Stowe. It is very conveniently located near the Village as well as the mountain. The restaurant food is terriffic and the staff is very friendly and courteous. The first night we were there, they were very busy but kept up well. A good time was had by all.

The staff really makes the stay. When I returned home, I realized I forgot my sons medication and was just going to buy more. Once I found what the prescription cost, I called the Hob Knob and asked them to overnight it to me. Of course I paid for the FedEx but was surprised how willing they were to help. I know this is not their job to do this and was very impressed with this willingness to help even after I left.

I will definitely be heading to Stowe again and will definitely book the Hob Knob Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms are nicer that the pictures on the internet. I suggested that they update the website as it does not do the facility justice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was a very warm and wonderful place.
We were treated as if we were family coming to stay for the weekend. the owners were so hospitable helping us with where to go ,where to eat ,as well as places to go with our dog.
They made our breakfast with home made oatmeal and cakes that were outstanding.
They are extremely friendly people and know how to make you feel welcome!
Thank you for a wonderful getaway!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed w/ family of 3, long weekend of 2/27/13-3/3/13, Room #20, main bldg. King Suite with separate bedroom, Kitchenette, dining table, pull-out couch, gas fireplace and balcony. Large and functional. Continental Breakfast served 8am-9.30am in bar area. Restaurant open Thurs-Sat. night. Hot tub on site and WiFi. Here's the part I don't like writing because the Mother/Daughter owner team was very nice, and I wish them success. Upon entry into #20 torn vestibule carpet and a musty odor. The scented candle never made it better. The room while large, wasn't inviting. The pull-out was so hard that the last night I didn't bother and just used the couch. We choose the separate bedroom layout so that if someone wanted to stay up late, they wouldn't bother people in the bedroom. Unfortunately, the fireplace is the primary source of heat, and the bedroom doors had to be left open. The drab green carpet and sheet vinyl, along with the lack of decoration made for a very uninviting space. The hot tub was next to the parking lot and not private. Another reviewer complained about the breakfast. Toast, muffins, mixed fruit, (2) cereals, yogurt and juice. It did get old after a couple of days. There is really no public area to hang out. I was hoping after a long day of skiing to sit by a fire w/ a toddy. The bar is only open Thurs-Sat. and seems to be almost an after thought. We did have a drink at the bar prior to dinner. I felt bad because it seemed we were taking away a server from her duties at dinner. Dinner was good, but not great. The dining room is very nice, the nicest on the property, and has a wood burning fire place. To some it up, I can forgive a room for being a little tired if the property has great public areas, aka the Inn at Long Trail in Killington, last years trip. As a leisure traveler, I wish I had looked harder and maybe spent some more money. If your looking for a place to crash while you ski and get a great deal, by all means it works. If your looking for more ambiance, a game room, a welcoming fire or bar to rest and mingle with other travelers, look elsewhere. Sorry, but I don't recommend unless it is a short stay and you get a great deal.

Room Tip: O'Grady's Pub had one of the best meals we had. Better than the Inn's. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Make reservations early on busy weekends.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family