Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmountain roadcontinental breakfastcheck in was quicksmall kitchenetteour room was spaciousyogurtking bedapres skia nice place to staya great staynew englandhot tubfireplacevermontdrivewayaccommodationspond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2008

We loved our stay at the Hob Knob Inn this past weekend. The inn keepers are very welcoming. Upon arrival they checked us right in. They were very helpful in suggesting things to do in the area. There is a path directly across the street that you will love. It follows the river and is like something out of a Robert Frost poem. We had a nice walk with our new baby there. If you ride bikes you can use it for that too. Our room was clean and had fantastic views. If you are lucky (like we were) you might see the family of deer that live on the property. After checking in we went for a quick swim in the pool. Actually we saw the deer behind the pool.

On the second night there we went to the restaurant. The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the door and brought into the dining room. The room has an outstanding view and you almost feel as though you are eating outside. A high chair was given to us for our little one. We had salads and steaks for dinner. Let me tell you that the steak I ordered was cooked perfectly. The twice baked potatoe I ordered as a side was really good. I highly recommend it. I am sad that we had no room for desert.

I almost forgot, don't miss breakfast. We did the first morning and regret it. It was cooked to order and all of the bread was homemade.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2008

The Hob Knob Inn surpassed my highest expectation for a mountain inn. My room was warm, cozy, and exquisitely clean. I booked my room at Hob Knob mainly because of their inviting website, great rates, and pet friendly service; however, what I left with was my home-away-from-home in Stowe, VT. After a week's stay, I felt as though I was leaving old friends. The hosts, and owners, Bob and Barbara have established Hob Knob with genuine care and it goes well beyond illustration.

As a guest of Hob Knob, you'll enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast prepared personally by Barbara (the best baked eggs I've ever eaten!) Diner at Hob Knob is a must! I have dined in several establishments at Stowe - all were very good; however, my best meal was at Hob Knob. The quality of the food was top shelf, and it was prepared impeccably. Barbara hand selects the best of everything.

The Hob Knob Inn was the first Inn established at Mt. Mansfield. It is incredibly close to the mountain. If you want to experience Stowe as it was intended, you've got to do it as a Hob Knobber.

If you are price shopping, note this inn honors AAA prices and provides four star service.

Hob Knobber For Life,

Faith - Baltimore, MD

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank faithc123
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We travel with two kids who are in their teens, and have stayed at many inns/b&bs, from the Cape to Maine and beyond. We tend to meet wonderful, welcoming people and enjoy those extra amenities that come with the added cost.

A few weeks ago, we stayed at the Hob Knob Inn and were, I'm sorry to say, very disappointed. There was no feeling of welcome from the owners, though they were present enough to provide it. The breakfasts came with the room, but the portions were far less than generous. Like they were going through the motions. There was no "would you like some more of..." or "are you enjoying your stay?" It was clean and well-heated, like a glorified motel. End of story.

It was also a bit tacky. The bathroom features post card ads, set on the vanity, that pitch the small sample shampoo and hand cream they provide.

For the cost, there have got to be better places to stay in this quaint and fun ski community.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank brady87
Reviewed 17 February 2008

This was our third annual trip to Stowe, VT. We're always seeking pet-friendly lodging with nice accommodations. The Hob Knob exceeded our expectations with the Inn accommodations. In addition to being pet-friendly the cleaning staff were more than obliged to be kind to our four-legged family member, and even gave him a treat (with permission). The rooms are impeccable.

The Innkeepers, Bob, Barbara and Kate are sure to make you feel at home (can't forget Stohli and Mia their rescue dogs). The Hob Knob serves breakfast each morning (included in your stay at the Inn). The breakfast is outstanding and there is always something yummy (even for folks who don't eat eggs). The food is fresh and very well prepared in the morning. Your service is prompt and the coffee is delicious and hot!

Moving on to the most significant memory of our stay. We decided to have dinner at the Hob Knob the last evening of our stay. We dined at many other venues during our weeklong stay (eating out every night). No other meal compared to the meal we were about to enjoy. Barbara, a true epicurean prepared each plate delicately and perfectly. A fabulous wine list started the dinner off. We then proceeded with the smoked trout mousse and homemade bread toast points appetizer (OUTSTANDING!). We then enjoyed our salads: fresh mixed local greens with lime cilantro vinaigrette. My main course was a 10 oz. steak and twice baked potato. I remind you all items are freshly prepared and piping hot. The steak was incredible, the best I've had (cured just right). Better than Ruth Chris'. My boyfriend had the ahi tuna...he wore a big smile while savoring his every bite. The twice-baked potato was moist and flavorful, and the seasonings in our meals did not overpower the true flavor of the food, there was no need to cover the essence of our meal. No need for salt and peppershakers at the table (you won't miss it - I promise).

The Hob Knob takes limited reservations and is unique in that it wishes to only serve a limited number of dinner guests. This dining experience for me was one of the most intimate and savory I've ever had. You truly feel like a celebrity with world-class service.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2008

It was more of a glorified motel.. not bad though. It was clean and roomy and nice staff. A little disappointed with their breakfast menu. Just standard toasts, coffee cake, and eggs.. It's perfect for skiers -- somewhere to sleep and ski all day. Definitely not a romantic getaway.. I've been at better B and Bs..

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends