“The restaurant is outstanding!”

Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Fairfield, Connecticut
“The restaurant is outstanding!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

During a recent ladies weekend at a timeshare resort, we decided to have dinner at the Hob Knob Inn. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed the evening. First off, the staff was friendly and more than accommodating. The signature drinks were fabulous and the meal was the best I've had in months. The scallops wrapped in bacon were delightful and the filet cooked to perfection. The ambiance is cozy Vermont. I will definitely return the next time I am in town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I would really love to say that this place deserves four-stars because it is managed by a very nice family. The restaurant is nice and the service is pretty good. It is a very well managed property. However, the rooms are outdated and are missing some basic amenities. There is no way this can be attributed to being "rustic". For the money they charge (top season surcharge is accounted for), not really a great value for your dollar. A huge plus is that they are very dog friendly, but make sure you book in advance and call to confirm.

Room Tip: Try to get a bigger room with a wood burning stove. No matter what room you stay in, check your brak...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Hob Knob was some what economical but it did lack amenities. There was no refridgerator or microwave or iron and ironing board in the room. and the two chairs were older and uncomfortable. It is located back from the road and was quiet and had beautiful grounds. The breakfast that was offered was adequate, but did not offer much variety.... oatmeal, small amount of fruit, cold cereal, toast and small muffins. The owners were nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Essex, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I attended the Antique Car Show in Stowe last weekend and the town was full of excitement, lots of people, and hundreds of old cars everywhere! We chose the Hob Knob Inn because it is not far from the show grounds and the town center, and it is on a hill surrounded by nature, and away from the very busy Mountain Road. Our bed was comfortable; the large room was clean; and the outdoor (unheated) pool was refreshing. A simple continental breakfast is included in the price. Barbara and Kate are terrific hostesses, who make you feel welcome!

Room Tip: Room #12 has the air conditioner from the room next door attached to the building in such a way that...
Green Features: Happy that this Inn separates trash so items are recycled. We all need to think about our impact on Mother Nature.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarinG720
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late July. Very attracted to the fact we were located up the hill (about 300 feet)from Route 108( the main road leading to Stowe). Barbara and Kate do an excellent job running the family motel. Not a Comfort Inn or name brand motel- and we like it that way. Clean rooms and bedding all in order.
We stayed on the ground level( we arrived on 2 motorcycles) of the 2 level building( this faced two cute ponds with ducks and a bullfrog I heard in the morning. just awesome!
They have a restaurant on site but only offer suppers on Thurs, Fri and Saturday. I hear it's fabulous. Sorry we could not sample this time.
Free continental breakfast( better than most places) just added to the good value here.

We'll be back

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Holliston
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The next time you get to Stowe, Vermont do yourself (and family) a favor.....treat yourself to a visit to the the Hob Knob Inn & Restaurant situated minutes from downtown Stowe on Rt 108 - the Mountain Road. You won't be disappointed. The Inn is situated on beautifully landscaped property. The rooms are spacious and clean. We've stayed in both the suite and different rooms - all are immaculate and very comfortable. A delightful continental breakfast is served daily and for an additional $5.00 you can have either pancakes or eggs w/bacon. How can you beat that? Speaking of food you have to partake of the dinner menu. We get to Stowe 3 - 4 times a year and ALWAYS make sure to book a dinner reservation. Yum!! Even though they are only open for dinner Thursday - Saturday (for now) it is well worth scheduling your itinerary to enable you to book a dinner reservation. Barbara (and Rick) are exceptional chefs and the food that comes out of Barbara's kitchen is an absolute delight. If you are lucky you'll be there on a night when Barbara serves her superb roasted zucinni soup (our favorite) although all of her other soups are equally delicious. While everything on the menu is fantastic, including their no calorie (don't I wish) desserts, my favorite item is a little special dish Barbara whips up for me and I'm sure with a little coaxing she will do the same for you. It's the 10 oz filet with blue cheeze melted on it covered with sauted mushrooms and onions. Believe me it's to die for! When you do go you will meet the Hob Knob's 'ambassodor' - Kate. She is without a doubt the nicest and most accommodating person one could hope to know. I think 'customer service' is her middle name. And does she have a memory - I don't have to ask for a cocktail. She brings my 'favorite' made just the way I like it whenever we dine there. Going there is like going to visit close friends. That's how they make you feel. For those of you who have stayed or dined there you know what I mean. For those of you who haven't and are looking for a great place to stay and or eat in Stowe with reasonable prices do yourself a favor and check them out. I know you'll thank me.

Room Tip: there isn't a 'bad' room but we love the suite
Green Features: The Inn practices a very 'green' policy overall
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Loved this place! The ladies were lovely, kind and helpful!! My son got very ill (from eating at the Cactus Cafe) when we were there and they were awesome! Brought up gingerale towels etc!!! The rustic charm is awesome, huge rooms....just fabulous. I was sad that i was not able to try dinner as I heard it is great!!!! Breakfast was yummy, you must try the homemade raisin bread toasted with butter...... delish!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kate L, Owner at Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed breakfast. The raisin bread is mom’s new recipe and it is so nice to hear feedback. We hope that next time you get a chance to join us for dinner. We are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights seating from 5:30-8:00pm.