“Great!!”

Ranked #8 of 23 Stowe B&B and Inns
Orlando, FL
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2008

Hob Knob Inn was a fabulous place to stay. Clean, Free Wi-Fi, Good atmosphere and friendly owners! They also have a complimentary hot breakfast and a great restaurant! I would stay here again and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2008

Can't comment on what this place is like during ski season as we were there in August for one night. We stayed in the lodge - I think they call it - the other building just above the main building. A good, clean hotel room. That's about it. There is no "inn-like" charm in the room, if that's what you're thinking. The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory. Nothing objectionable, except the WiFi was not great in the room we were in. Can't get too enthusiastic about this place. Again maybe the atmosphere is better at peak - i.e. winter - season.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank syncopation1234
thomasebowen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

This inn is one of the oldest and original inns in Stowe, Vermont. The hosts are wonderful people and very accomodating. We checked in late and they left a key for us in a place that we could find it and not bother them. The room was SPOTLESS and very roomy! Excellent beds, pillows and linens.
Breakfast was served and included in the rate. It is nice to have a home cooked breakfast! Barb, our hostess was very friendly and made us feel at home. It feels like a bed and breakfast, but set up more like a motor inn, meaning you do not share their living quarters. Barbara was great at giving us information about local Stowe attractions. They do serve dinner, but we ate at a restaurant in town. Check out was a breeze and we hated to leave this wonderful inn and town. The property is away from the hustle and bustle of Stowe and set back a bit from the road, so it was peaceful and quiet and the grounds were beautiful!

• Liked — Our hosts and the clean rooms!
  • Disliked — No problems with this stay!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hob Knob Inn Labor Day Weekend 2007 and it wasn't anything spectacular. The highlight was a warm breakfast every morning. The rooms were clean and were comparable to a Days Inn. I booked this inn due to reviews on Travel Advisor and I think it was overrated.

• Liked — Warm breakfast available every morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, quiche, etc)
  • Disliked — Rooms you only want to sleep in.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

I have been visiting the Hob Knob Inn on a regular basis for almost 4 years now. Bob and Barbara are wonderful and Stoli (their pup) is the cutest. There is never enough time to soak in the beautiful views that the property and surrounding area provide and the local fishing is unbelievable. The food is great, Barbara is one of the best cooks I know. The rooms are spacious and always clean, if there is anything you need just ask Bob and Barbara they are very accomodating. Did I mention the beautiful property - I am planning to have my wedding there later this year.

• Liked — Great Place to Relax
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

We loved our stay at the Hob Knob Inn this past weekend. The inn keepers are very welcoming. Upon arrival they checked us right in. They were very helpful in suggesting things to do in the area. There is a path directly across the street that you will love. It follows the river and is like something out of a Robert Frost poem. We had a nice walk with our new baby there. If you ride bikes you can use it for that too. Our room was clean and had fantastic views. If you are lucky (like we were) you might see the family of deer that live on the property. After checking in we went for a quick swim in the pool. Actually we saw the deer behind the pool.

On the second night there we went to the restaurant. The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the door and brought into the dining room. The room has an outstanding view and you almost feel as though you are eating outside. A high chair was given to us for our little one. We had salads and steaks for dinner. Let me tell you that the steak I ordered was cooked perfectly. The twice baked potatoe I ordered as a side was really good. I highly recommend it. I am sad that we had no room for desert.

I almost forgot, don't miss breakfast. We did the first morning and regret it. It was cooked to order and all of the bread was homemade.

• Liked — The restaurant
  • Disliked — It rained on Sunday.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
baltimore, md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2008

The Hob Knob Inn surpassed my highest expectation for a mountain inn. My room was warm, cozy, and exquisitely clean. I booked my room at Hob Knob mainly because of their inviting website, great rates, and pet friendly service; however, what I left with was my home-away-from-home in Stowe, VT. After a week's stay, I felt as though I was leaving old friends. The hosts, and owners, Bob and Barbara have established Hob Knob with genuine care and it goes well beyond illustration.

As a guest of Hob Knob, you'll enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast prepared personally by Barbara (the best baked eggs I've ever eaten!) Diner at Hob Knob is a must! I have dined in several establishments at Stowe - all were very good; however, my best meal was at Hob Knob. The quality of the food was top shelf, and it was prepared impeccably. Barbara hand selects the best of everything.

The Hob Knob Inn was the first Inn established at Mt. Mansfield. It is incredibly close to the mountain. If you want to experience Stowe as it was intended, you've got to do it as a Hob Knobber.

If you are price shopping, note this inn honors AAA prices and provides four star service.

Hob Knobber For Life,