“Wouldn't honor my internet booking”

Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
ohio
“Wouldn't honor my internet booking”
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Based on Tripadvisor reviews and the great rate they offered I booked a 6 night stay via their internet site. I charged it to my Visa and got a confirmation. Later the phone rang and it was a staff person at the Hob Knob Inn calling to say that the posted price was wrong and that they weren't going to honor my reservation! Even though I had a confirmation! Nor did they offer me any kind of discount off of the new greatly inflated price.
So much for truth in advertising:(

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yougoigo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
AmyWinkel
Reviewed 30 March 2009

From the moment we walked in the door it felt like home. The owners (Barbara and Bob) were so warm and welcoming. Our room was beautiful and it was really clean. Breakfast was included and it was great. Pancakes, eggs, muffins,…etc. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Hob Knob Inn was a fabulous place to stay. Clean, Free Wi-Fi, Good atmosphere and friendly owners! They also have a complimentary hot breakfast and a great restaurant! I would stay here again and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed December 2008
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Can't comment on what this place is like during ski season as we were there in August for one night. We stayed in the lodge - I think they call it - the other building just above the main building. A good, clean hotel room. That's about it. There is no "inn-like" charm in the room, if that's what you're thinking. The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory. Nothing objectionable, except the WiFi was not great in the room we were in. Can't get too enthusiastic about this place. Again maybe the atmosphere is better at peak - i.e. winter - season.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank syncopation1234
thomasebowen
Reviewed 9 September 2008

This inn is one of the oldest and original inns in Stowe, Vermont. The hosts are wonderful people and very accomodating. We checked in late and they left a key for us in a place that we could find it and not bother them. The room was SPOTLESS and very roomy! Excellent beds, pillows and linens.
Breakfast was served and included in the rate. It is nice to have a home cooked breakfast! Barb, our hostess was very friendly and made us feel at home. It feels like a bed and breakfast, but set up more like a motor inn, meaning you do not share their living quarters. Barbara was great at giving us information about local Stowe attractions. They do serve dinner, but we ate at a restaurant in town. Check out was a breeze and we hated to leave this wonderful inn and town. The property is away from the hustle and bustle of Stowe and set back a bit from the road, so it was peaceful and quiet and the grounds were beautiful!

• Liked — Our hosts and the clean rooms!
  • Disliked — No problems with this stay!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hob Knob Inn Labor Day Weekend 2007 and it wasn't anything spectacular. The highlight was a warm breakfast every morning. The rooms were clean and were comparable to a Days Inn. I booked this inn due to reviews on Travel Advisor and I think it was overrated.

• Liked — Warm breakfast available every morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, quiche, etc)
  • Disliked — Rooms you only want to sleep in.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I have been visiting the Hob Knob Inn on a regular basis for almost 4 years now. Bob and Barbara are wonderful and Stoli (their pup) is the cutest. There is never enough time to soak in the beautiful views that the property and surrounding area provide and the local fishing is unbelievable. The food is great, Barbara is one of the best cooks I know. The rooms are spacious and always clean, if there is anything you need just ask Bob and Barbara they are very accomodating. Did I mention the beautiful property - I am planning to have my wedding there later this year.

• Liked — Great Place to Relax
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family