“Would not stay here again”
Review of Honeywood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stowe
Honeywood Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed in the lodge which is actually a motor inn. The room was dark and dirty. We had to clean the spider webs off the door before entering. The screen door fell off when we tried to open it. The tiles were coming off the bathroom floor and sticking to our feet. The beds were very uncomfortable. The pool, which looked beautiful in the picures was covered, and we could not go in it. At breakfast, another couple asked if they could have both eggs and waffles and were told that they could only order one option. The staff treated them rudely. We paid over $150.00 per night which was a huge rip off.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PR12345

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was a very clean, cozy and convenient B&B. The location was perfect for both easy access to town and to the mountain. The owners were friendly and helfpul. The breakfast was delicious and the portions left us feeling stuffed every morning. They often left out cookies and juice in the afternoons. The decor was a little outmoded and they were not the most accommodating of our late arrival, but overall we had a very good experience at the Honeywood Inn.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the Honeywood Inn over MLK weekend and had a wonderful time! The price was very good, the rooms were fine and the location was perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

"Charming, clean and convenient, " was how it was recommended to me and i'd add cozy to boot. Hadn't been in Stowe for years and this place provided the perfect base for me to fall in love with the area all over again. The Proprietors were always smiling and they baked fresh muffins for breakfast. Came as a couple and our romantic memorial day wknd trip a 10+! She adored the four poster bed (awesome mattress) and I appreciated the ceiling fan. I would highly recommend this place! Walk the rec path to town and hit the hot tub apres ski or hike!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I had the misfortune to stay at this motel. The innkeepers are cold, gruff, and downright hostile. The rooms are shabby. the food is average and inadequate in terms of quality and quantity. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, even if it means paying a bit more money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank c c
Reviewed 28 September 2011

They made us pay the first night in advance, which should have been our first indication that something was fishy. We payed $165/night which seemed decent for Stowe but we were expecting something nicer for that price. There were 5 big spiders blocking the door frame when we got back from dinner and several more in the room. We tried to get our money back for the second night and they wouldn't let us so we were stuck staying the second night there. They cleaned up the spiders around the door at our request, but the place was dark and old and they should be charging about $75/night for the quality of it. Sort of stinks that our only visit to Vermont was tainted by the miserable place we had to stay. It felt like camping- beds were awful and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank HappyMammafromCali
Reviewed 25 October 2010

When I said to the owner this is not a B&B , but partly a motel, they became very defensive. There were individual motel rooms as part of the Inn. That is where we were put. There was no cozy warm feeling about this place at all. It was not an inviting place to be. We were extremely disappointed. I left my phone charger there on the 16th of Oct. The owner said he would have UPS mail it back to me after I gave him my charge card number. When I called him today which is the 23rd he said he just mailed it the 22nd. I asked him for a tracking # and he rudely told me to get it myself. This is for my cell phone which is a business phone. I am very disappointed in the way I was treated.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple