“Nicest people ever!!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nicest people ever!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I took a group of travelers here for a few nights and Julian and Kay, the couple who owns the inn went so above and beyond for us. We were hanging around the living room and all of a sudden a karaoke machine comes out in Julian's arms for us to enjoy. We left a few items behind, without hesitation, Kay was on her way to ship them ahead of us to our next hotel. Best of all, they genuinely love what they do! Can't thank them enough!!!

Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
switzerland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed there a couple of nights last fall,while on business in the area,and it had all I needed and then some.
I had a room in the motel section by the river,room was fine,Wi-fi was good,quiet and right behind the place is the footbridge going to the hiking trail over the river.
I found it very pleasant to sit by the river to unwind after a busy day.
This is just in the back of the hotel and for a family there are some picnicking tables where you can sit outside on a nice day and eat lunch.
The rooms reminded me of simpler times and were quite clean and the bed gave a good sleep.
The price was quite reasonable but the best is that when I left I left a pair of glasses there and the owner tried to track me down to send them back but he had no forwarding address.
About 3 weeks after returning home I noticed the glasses gone and as I stayed at a number of hotels that trip I called each and when I called the Riverside the owner had my glasses there.I asked if he would sent to my US address,as I was overseas.so he did but the postmaster sent them back due to new regs that if you do not pick up a package in 10 days they return to sender.riverside again e mailed me and resent them with my friend agreeing to pick them up but my friend was delayed on a trip out west so when he checked my box again the darn annal retentive postmaster had resent the glasses back to the riverside a second time.
Well,he contacted me again and sent the glasses directly to another friend so he went ab ove and beyond the call to help me out and it is damn hard to find service like that these days so until my dying day when I am overnighting in Stowe area it will be with the Riverside...period.
So by all means go stay there and say hello to Julian from 4 eyes.

Room Tip: Get a room by the river,the view from the river rooms is nice and it is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Nice and pleasant and clean. The owners are very friendly and the Inn is located near places to eat. There is a nice common area where you can sit by the fire or have a game of pool. First time to Stowe and the Inn has not disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bolton Landing, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After booking a room and traveling 3hrs on a Thursday evening to get to a Stowe Eastern FIS race in March of 2013.
My Wife & I found ourselves looking for a new room last minute and were lucky enough to find 2 pleasantly polite knowledgable Inn keepers with a clean & affordable room.
The Inn is walking distance from the center of town and only 5 minutes up the access road to Stowe Mountain Ski Center.
The Inn keepers were very helpful with local eateries and other insights of how to spend our free time in the area.
First call I make when I'm headed back to Stowe Vt.
Thank You!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian D
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Exceptional service here. Best stay at any inn we have ever been too. 100% happy staying hear while off the long trail. A very clean and friendly place to stay. Owners are nice, helpful, and all around good people. Beautiful bridge on bike path behind inn, saw brook trout in river. Amazing pizza next door and bikes to take around Stowe. Such a wonderful experience. Would come back here in a heartbeat next time in stowe!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sirgrowsalot
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Inexpensive for the Stowe area, but needs a major overhaul. Room smelled of urine and that made you feel the whole thing was unclean. Close to downtown and the mountains, manager seemed nice, but the overall impression was of sleeping in a bus stop restroom.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wrocław
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The price was very good for the Stowe. We had a room with a bathroom, which was a little bit old, but quite clean. The room had a fridge and microwave. Room was clean but there was a smell of something moldy. Inn is located near many fine bars and restaurants, the way to the mountains was simple. Great thing was you can borrow a bike from the owners (for free!) and there is a lovely recreation trail just behind the inn. Generaly: pretty good quality for a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple