“Cannot fault the place or the staff”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #10 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in December 2013 as part of an organised tour.

We didn't have the best journey to Stowe, so arrived relatively late in the day but it was great to walk in and find a massive fire roaring away. As we were a large group, we pretty much had the main part of the inn to just our group, with a few in the cabins out the back.

The inn is pretty authentic to when it was built and has a lot of character - downstairs, there's a large open plan lounge, with a huge fire, TV and sofas (ideal after a hard day on the slopes) as well as a full sized pool table. There's a big dining table and a well equipped kitchen (it easily catered for 28 of us) - there's a plethora of leaflets and brochures to look at too and Julian and Kay are very knowledgeable if you want to know anything else. Upstairs, the rooms aren't ensuite but there were 2 good sized bathrooms - one had a shower over a bath, the other had a standalone shower.

The bedrooms were a good size - I shared a twin and we both had plenty of space for our stuff - with a chest of drawers as well as hanging rail. The beds were comfy and the whole place was spotless.

Location-wise, there's a liquor-store nearby and a pizza place next door (we used it on the first night and it was good!). It probably took us about 15 minutes to drive to Stowe Mountain Resort.

Overall, I really enjoyed our stay here - it's a great place to base yourself and you'll be made to feel very welcome while you're there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I took a group of travelers here for a few nights and Julian and Kay, the couple who owns the inn went so above and beyond for us. We were hanging around the living room and all of a sudden a karaoke machine comes out in Julian's arms for us to enjoy. We left a few items behind, without hesitation, Kay was on her way to ship them ahead of us to our next hotel. Best of all, they genuinely love what they do! Can't thank them enough!!!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed there a couple of nights last fall,while on business in the area,and it had all I needed and then some.
I had a room in the motel section by the river,room was fine,Wi-fi was good,quiet and right behind the place is the footbridge going to the hiking trail over the river.
I found it very pleasant to sit by the river to unwind after a busy day.
This is just in the back of the hotel and for a family there are some picnicking tables where you can sit outside on a nice day and eat lunch.
The rooms reminded me of simpler times and were quite clean and the bed gave a good sleep.
The price was quite reasonable but the best is that when I left I left a pair of glasses there and the owner tried to track me down to send them back but he had no forwarding address.
About 3 weeks after returning home I noticed the glasses gone and as I stayed at a number of hotels that trip I called each and when I called the Riverside the owner had my glasses there.I asked if he would sent to my US address,as I was overseas.so he did but the postmaster sent them back due to new regs that if you do not pick up a package in 10 days they return to sender.riverside again e mailed me and resent them with my friend agreeing to pick them up but my friend was delayed on a trip out west so when he checked my box again the darn annal retentive postmaster had resent the glasses back to the riverside a second time.
Well,he contacted me again and sent the glasses directly to another friend so he went ab ove and beyond the call to help me out and it is damn hard to find service like that these days so until my dying day when I am overnighting in Stowe area it will be with the Riverside...period.
So by all means go stay there and say hello to Julian from 4 eyes.

Room Tip: Get a room by the river,the view from the river rooms is nice and it is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zermatt
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Nice and pleasant and clean. The owners are very friendly and the Inn is located near places to eat. There is a nice common area where you can sit by the fire or have a game of pool. First time to Stowe and the Inn has not disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After booking a room and traveling 3hrs on a Thursday evening to get to a Stowe Eastern FIS race in March of 2013.
My Wife & I found ourselves looking for a new room last minute and were lucky enough to find 2 pleasantly polite knowledgable Inn keepers with a clean & affordable room.
The Inn is walking distance from the center of town and only 5 minutes up the access road to Stowe Mountain Ski Center.
The Inn keepers were very helpful with local eateries and other insights of how to spend our free time in the area.
First call I make when I'm headed back to Stowe Vt.
Thank You!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Exceptional service here. Best stay at any inn we have ever been too. 100% happy staying hear while off the long trail. A very clean and friendly place to stay. Owners are nice, helpful, and all around good people. Beautiful bridge on bike path behind inn, saw brook trout in river. Amazing pizza next door and bikes to take around Stowe. Such a wonderful experience. Would come back here in a heartbeat next time in stowe!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sirgrowsalot
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Inexpensive for the Stowe area, but needs a major overhaul. Room smelled of urine and that made you feel the whole thing was unclean. Close to downtown and the mountains, manager seemed nice, but the overall impression was of sleeping in a bus stop restroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family