“Noisy”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Noisy”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed on our travelsphere tour we were greeted by the three family generations which was a nice welcome ,while waiting for our cases there was coffee,tea,and biscuits .Staff were friendly and helpful,there was free wi-fi .The gardens were lovely and well kept.Our room was small but clean and tidy .Small bathroom but everything one needs when travelling.But on going to bed don't think the people above us realised how noisy they were as they go into there rooms at street level and
We were below them ,the Motel being built like it is they were above us so we had two hours of noise . Buffet breakfast was good plenty of choice ,but very busy and noisy as we were allocated our time for breakfast so very rushed. Overall adequate Motel for travellers.

1 Thank judith72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was here in October and thought the room was not up to the standard I have met before on my previous trips to North America.
The restaurant was not one I would care to revisit. It was very expensive for the small amount given. Meals in the US are usually large enough for most British appetites. When I ordered I expected a good meal, but I got a good stomach ache instead. To add to this I was charged about $90 for the two of us. My partner's meal tasted disgusting.
Having read the response by the manager to a previous review I think he should apologise for his rudeness and stand up and take responsibility for his failings, not slag the customers off.

Room Tip: There are many more hotels in Stowe so don't go here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Stowe hotels

Thetford Center, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The room was dingy, the floor slanted, the paint job messy, the staff were not friendly or welcoming. We are not fancy folks, but for the cost of one night my expectations were much higher since I work in the service industry. One of my biggest issues, the complimentary breakfast doesn't include a tip for your server. Find lodging elsewhere, this is a dirty motel trying to pass itself off as more, the walls were very thin, heard other guests on three sides. Very, very displeased with our visit.

1 Thank Sunflowergrrl
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here as part of my travelsphere holiday and was very disappointed rooms very un clean and very thin walls. Was the worst motel i've stayed in in states.
restaurant very expensive 90 dollars for meal for 2 with a starter to share and one drink each total rip off. was laughed at by staff and food was awful. Was sick in Morning and so where other people in trip not good at all. Rooms very cold and heating not working. Dindnt hsave breakfast thank good as other said very poor and cold food.

1 Thank eiluj_12
skinutstowe, General Manager at Town & Country Resort Motor Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with our property. If the heat was not working properly in your room please let us know and we will make it right. Sometimes its as simple as adjusting the thermostat on the wall. I am a bit offended by your comments regarding our restaurant. Our customers are generally very pleased with our food quality and service! Our prices are quite reasonable in comparison to other restaurants in the area. Most entrees are priced under $20 and include a salad, which is hard to find anywhere nowadays. I think it is far from a "rip off" as you refer to and also find it quite hard to believe that people were ill from our food. We have never once had a problem with this in all of our years in business! Our breakfast for the Travelspere groups is cooked fresh every morning and served buffet style in order to keep the groups on a tight schedule. It includes Fresh Fruit, Juices, Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Home Fried Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Toast, Hot and Cold Cereals, Coffee and Tea. I personally eat it often and somtimes even cook breakfast and it is quite tasty!

We have been hosting customers from Travelsphere for many years and I personally meet and greet most every bus. I have spoken with many of the guests and many tell me what a great stay they had here and wish they could stay longer.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed at this resort many times. Year after year, I find the premises so clean that it seems that room service was just there. It's cozy and has a great location just up the hill from the center of town and close to restaurants on the same road. The pub brings me back to my ski days.....although it's not open July & August. The owner and staff are super friendly and welcoming, and there is a fantastic full sit down breakfast included in our package. They also have
room for large parties, weddings, groups, etc. Highly recommend!! The only con I can think of is that the mattresses are a bit worn, so I used the extra blanket folded and placed under the sheet which gave me a good night sleep.

Room Tip: I always stay in the front motel section which faces the road a short distance away, but one can ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family of 8 were able to secure the "cottage" at the last minute on 8/24 & 8/25. The cottage was set in the back of the property overlooking a nice pond & waterfall. There was direct access to the rec path as well.

Appears that the cottage may not have been used for a while because when we first opened the door, a strong old/musty smell greeted us. Once in, we opened the windows/doors & the smell was gone. The cottage was older (wall paper, exposed post/beams, built in drawers in the bedrooms) but very well kept. The kitchen was well stocked with everyday cooking essentials.
2 Bedrooms & a Full bath were upstairs & 2 bedrooms & a full bathroom downstairs. Living room, large dining room & small kitchen area served us all comfortably.

There was a nice patio with a patio set & 2 BBQ grills for our use. The indoor pool was warm & clean. The outdoor pool was cold but clean. Nice to just relax by & take in some sun.

The staff was very nice - overall property was well kept - my only complaint....cob webs throughout the cottage!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Busdriver19
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I, along with our two children, stayed at the Town and Country for three nights, August 25 - 27. We had a wonderful stay, we stayed in room 47, which was large, clean, and overlooked the pond and beautiful countryside. The staff was warm and welcoming upon arrival and continued to be helpful throughout our stay. We enjoyed a daily, delicious continental breakfast. Our children, 8 and 10, enjoyed both pools and tennis courts, which were all well maintained. The location near the town recreational path worked well for us as we rented bikes nearby and took advantage of many miles of beautiful countryside. The central location of the Inn made it convenient to both village and mountain. We definitely plan to return as we had fun and it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family