“Not bad”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The restaurant itself is nice. You can sit at the hibatchi grill or in traditional lowered Japanese "booths" on pillows, which is kind of cool. Service was fine and pretty quick, although it was not busy when we were there. Food was OK, nothing special.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Restaurant had a good atmosphere, quite busy although they managed to fit us in. Food service & wine were good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Food average, place generally ok, but the service was simply unacceptable. We had to complain to the front desk even to get the waitress to come to our table - after waiting over 10 mins. One app was not served until after the other 3 were finished. Plates left on the table for over 15 mins. Food took over 40 mins per course. Waitress did not take entree order until after the apps were finished, and when we asked her to take the order, she said it was on its way before we ordered it. We got the bill before the entree, then the waitress was confused why we were complaining. When the entrees arrived, they were served with intervals of 5 mins per person, so the first again finished before the last got their food. Drink orders not delivered. Zero attention to the table. All in all - the worst service I have ever seen.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

This would be my first bad review of any place on Trip Advisor and I really hate to have to do it but Kobe was by far one of the worst places I have ever had the chance to dine at. The waiter came to our table 3 different times to take drink orders forgetting my boyfriend and I each time, finally we had to grab him and put an order in as well as an appetizer (they forgot my appetizer, it came out after our meal was finished). They did not refill our drinks one time. Which all of this isn't so bad if the food had atleast been decent. Quality was terrible, and it was more chinese style then Japanese for sure, we did not really eat our food and left as soon as paying. So many excellent places to eat in Stowe, do not waste your time or money at Kobe!

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I always enjoy bringing friends here, it's a solid place to eat and the food will not disappoint you.